This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Alexportland KISS me!

• Alexportland
      Alexportland
      Bronze
      Hi All,

Quick intro - I'm Alex.

Been playing poker on and off for about 6 years, mainly micro stake sit and gos on Betfair - I had a betting account there and clicked the poker button one day because I was bored. No real strategy or knowledge, picked the game up as I went along, never really lost much because I played really small stakes (11c tournaments a few times a week)

Two years ago I picked up a basic poker strategy DVD from the £1 shop and it got me thinking.

I had about $8 in my betfair account and switched from SnGs to cash games and started to apply a little strategy, went really well for a few weeks and I worked my bank roll up to about $30, suddenly I thought I was a poker God and started getting obsessed, read everything I could get my hands on, Spent hours and hours studying strategy etc etc and got so mixed up that I forgot the basics, got obbssessed woth fancy plays etc kept trying to be clever - result dropped down to about $5, totally dissillusioned. Gave Up.

Anyway, stumbled across this site a few days ago, got my free $50 on full tilt, and had a fun few days playing. Bank roll is now $62 but I am determined not to make the same mistakes as last time so for now I am going to Keep It Simple Stupid.

Tight Aggressive, nothing fancy. Do the right thing pre-flop and let the rest take care of itself.

Wish me luck
  • 2 replies