RIVER ($3.20) T:heart: 4:heart: 6:club: 9:spade: 9:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero folds

BB wins $3.04

22/19/1.4
      fold to cbet 21
      WTSD 28
      W$SD 33
      809 hands

This player is not standart - agresive preflop but passive post flop.

On turn I guess I should give up. If he bets I know I am beat. But if he has draws he has good equity agaisnt me I think.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

What's his BB fold to Steal? Also I'd rather pick a bit tighter range against such opponents who have such a fold to CBet value, otherwise it's kinda close, since against such opponents just 1barreling doesn't make sense, since they are willing to float very often, therefore either 2barrel it or just don't barrel it at all, sometimes might even 3barrel if we know the opponent good enough. But against this one it's kinda hard, since his WTS is way too big.

Overall, just don't open with such hands against that kind of opponents, I'd prefer to have at least suited or something similar, which has better playability postflop. Also would be better to pick a bit bigger suited connectors to hit bigger pair.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      His fold to steal in BB is 69. But even minimal table chart says open from BTN with 45+, so I don't want to be too nitty.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      His fold to steal in BB is 69. But even minimal table chart says open from BTN with 45+, so I don't want to be too nitty.
      Trust me, later on you wont take into consideration any charts at all, they will be useless, since your range might be a lot wider and other wise, could also be a lot tighter depending no the opponent. For example exactly this spot, the guy doesn't fold his BB at all, he doesn't fold never on flop 21%. Doesn't make sense to play against him with such hand and also doesn't make sense to play against him OOP. Having position you could always consider that. In holdem position is very important.