This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Full House on an unraised flop

• Hilto
      Hilto
      Bronze
      This hand just happened to me:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.60
      SB (Hero):
      $2.15
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $3.77
      MP1:
      $3.50
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $1.68

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, K.
      5 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) K, 9, 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.06) 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BB folds, BU calls $0.06.

River: ($0.18) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, BU raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $2.17, BU calls $0.87.

Final Pot: $4.32.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, nines full of kings(9 K).
      BU shows a flush, jack high(5 J).

Hero wins with a full-house, nines full of kings(9 K).

What do you think about it? Your articles say to always play made hands agressively, but it just didn't make sense in this case. I was so high ahead of anything that if someones hand improved, it would only benefit me (as it did). Even so, the other guy made a pretty big error when he called my bet on the turn, then I got lucky, and he completed his flush.
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      This is actually an interesting spot because opponents won't hold overpairs and would be reluctant to call with smaller pairs with a king showing so there really are very few hands that can call a bet on the flop knowing that two kings and three nines are already accounted for, but in general it's fine to just lead out with a hand even as strong as flopped full house. I'd probably lead out here anyway, but it seems slowplaying worked better this time. Nh.
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      Slow playing that was a good ideea, you will almost always have the best hand there, the only thing that could of beaten you was KK, so in some situation slow playing a hand is good, because people will try to steal the pot or hit a good hand on the turn or river and bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      nh, I´d also check flop, since most of the times people doesn´t really have anything and you hold basically the nuts, so you don´t really afraid any cards, unless it is smt like A, A but even then I think you gain more by checking than betting.
      Turn and river play is also fine. I would only make it bigger on the river after he raises me to 0.3$, since I think he would call also 1$ 3-bet, but won´t really shove always if you make it 0.7$