$3.50
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $1.68

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, K.
      5 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) K, 9, 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.06) 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BB folds, BU calls $0.06.

River: ($0.18) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, BU raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $2.17, BU calls $0.87.

Final Pot: $4.32.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, nines full of kings(9 K).
      BU shows a flush, jack high(5 J).

Hero wins with a full-house, nines full of kings(9 K).

What do you think about it? Your articles say to always play made hands agressively, but it just didn't make sense in this case. I was so high ahead of anything that if someones hand improved, it would only benefit me (as it did). Even so, the other guy made a pretty big error when he called my bet on the turn, then I got lucky, and he completed his flush.
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      This is actually an interesting spot because opponents won't hold overpairs and would be reluctant to call with smaller pairs with a king showing so there really are very few hands that can call a bet on the flop knowing that two kings and three nines are already accounted for, but in general it's fine to just lead out with a hand even as strong as flopped full house. I'd probably lead out here anyway, but it seems slowplaying worked better this time. Nh.
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      Slow playing that was a good ideea, you will almost always have the best hand there, the only thing that could of beaten you was KK, so in some situation slow playing a hand is good, because people will try to steal the pot or hit a good hand on the turn or river and bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      nh, I´d also check flop, since most of the times people doesn´t really have anything and you hold basically the nuts, so you don´t really afraid any cards, unless it is smt like A, A but even then I think you gain more by checking than betting.
      Turn and river play is also fine. I would only make it bigger on the river after he raises me to 0.3$, since I think he would call also 1$ 3-bet, but won´t really shove always if you make it 0.7$