Hero ($134)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: T:spade:

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $5.50, Hero calls $4

FLOP ($11) 4:heart: 5:club: A:heart:

checks, Hero bets $6, calls $6

TURN ($23) 4:heart: 5:club: A:heart: 9:club:

checks, Hero bets $13, calls $13

RIVER ($49) 4:heart: 5:club: A:heart: 9:club: 3:spade:

checks, Hero bets $49, calls $44.79 (AI)

shows Q:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 89%, Flop 97.3%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows Q:diamond: T:spade:
      (Pre 11%, Flop 2.7%, Turn 0.0%)

wins $137

I know what he has, he timebanked on T and snap called R
  • 17 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It's ok once in a while, tho the problem with your hand is that if you are doing it with stuff like QTo you end up doing it with a pretty damn wide range since ofc you not gonna want to be playing your semibluffs more passive than your pure bluffs.

Ofc at this point it doesn't matter as much. River I'd give up because it's a super frequent saying between regs "if you call turn you gotta call the river" and ofc when river is somewhat blank like now your fold equity decreases. While his hand is face up to you he quite likely realizes it too so he'll be slightly more paranoid as opposed if it wasn't so obv how weak he is. This time he called you down with QQ but it's also not out of question for him to be checking weak aces on flop too and while both of those are same bluffcachers no one folds top pair because krantz said so ldo. :f_biggrin:

Trying not to bluff regs for stacks was one of the things that saved me up lots of money. ;)

So that's prob all I wanted to say on this hand.
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Trying not to bluff regs for stacks was one of the things that saved me up lots of money. ;)
      I´m learning this the hard way, donating here and there.....
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      im not a fan of betting that turn.

what are you expecting him to fold?
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      im not a fan of betting that turn.

what are you expecting him to fold?
      mis midpocketpair that he has 95percent of the time
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Either way sounds like you are relying on fold equity an awful lot. Im sure you have reasons for it, so I cant say much else. would be interesting to see how villain would deal with a 1.2x pot overbet on turn, but that is risky without info/balancing.
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      Either way sounds like you are relying on fold equity an awful lot. Im sure you have reasons for it, so I cant say much else. would be interesting to see how villain would deal with a 1.2x pot overbet on turn, but that is risky without info/balancing.
      Well, I dont care if he calls on T to be honest cause then theres more deadmoney on R for me to make :D The thing is though, he cant call a 3rd barrel if he is thinking a bit. (He can call it if he is thinking on a lot higher lvl but then he wont play NL50 in the frist place and this guy jsu tmvoed from NL25 as I checked later)
      so if he calls u w his pp then he is jjust a fish ortilitng and mark him :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      sounds logical to me :)
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Firstly, had you Ax, would you bet half pot turn? Secondly, using QQ as bluff catcher is quite similar to using 77 (because you would not bet T9 on turn). Thirdly, Im not sure if u'd want to take full value w/AQ, probably only w/AK (and not always).
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sapheal
      Firstly, had you Ax, would you bet half pot turn? Secondly, using QQ as bluff catcher is quite similar to using 77 (because you would not bet T9 on turn). Thirdly, Im not sure if u'd want to take full value w/AQ, probably only w/AK (and not always).
      I would bet 9X for value on turn there (but yea, u r prob. right that people dont expect u to do so) so yea, competent opp could easilly call me here I guess (I am nto saying he was tough, cause he wasnt) but I dont see many people doin that w a reason on NL50 (only reason they ahve , daamn, QQ is soo pretty, I cant fodl it )
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      THEShade,

One other thing. Watch guy's WTSD and his tendencies to defend on FD board. The thing is that your vbetting range is very narrow here, and involves sets and AK only.

Cheers,
      Michal
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      you can check flop or you can 3barrel imo. I think checking is best since u have almost no backdoor equity. As nightfrost said if you're doing this with QTo you're doing it 100% of the time when bluffing. I'd do it with any flushdraw and any ace.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by sapheal
      THEShade,

One other thing. Watch guy's WTSD and his tendencies to defend on FD board. The thing is that your vbetting range is very narrow here, and involves sets and AK only.

Cheers,
      Michal
      When he checks flop i'd rule out all good aces from his range and 3barrel any ace of my own. Why don't you share my view? :f_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I'd say A9+ is 100% 3barrel to me here, not so sure about any ace but I'm not Scandinavian
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by ihufa

When he checks flop i'd rule out all good aces from his range and 3barrel any ace of my own. Why don't you share my view? :f_biggrin:
      ihufa :) ,

I don't understand. You're saying you want to go for three streets of value against calling stations with strong Ax? (that's okay) Barreling every Ax is risky though against a regular.

Please, clarify what you wanted to state and then I'll try to respond :)

Cheers,
      Michal
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I mean since he probably doesn't 3bet midle aces and even if he did would probably cbet every ace himself, he has sooo few aces in his range meaning it doesn't matter what ace you have. You'd be ahead of 95% of his calling range with A2 and it's a spot where i really need to balance myself cus it's so obvious that he's bluffcatching with a weak hand. That means it's also obvious to him that we should 3barrel ATC expecting him to fold by the river if we're good handreaders.

I just don't see any hands that beat us in his range and i think we get bluffcaught much more often that we might expect.

Hope it makes a little sense :f_biggrin:
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      So how should this be played from villains point of view?
    • niveaformen
      niveaformen
      Silver
      Usually people doesn't believe a lot after table broke up coz they know most of players will just sitout.

Yeah, his range is pretty much face up, but don't belive he will fold river very ofter after turn.

I would like more giveup on flop or turn, would play like this if villain is nitty at 6max.