Net Poker Rigged?

• ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic
      I'm sure at least people will say you're a bad player because I'm sure it's rigged.
      If you're addicted at least try to avoid the "traps".Cheack out this guys channel + he's hilarious;
      http://www.youtube.com/user/magic612 - all the fn rigs,hacks,super accounts,KK,AK,AQ,2p and set on the flop hands are there.
      He's focused only on poker stars here but every site is similar,you just need to play it out to get an idea.

The problem with Full tilt is the "famous" rigged river.

I've played on every site known,trust me.

I opened once the same topic and got at least 50 same answers from random "pro idiots" - you're a bad player.

Well fuck me,from my first 15 major live tournaments I won 7 and I'm a fish?

YES,IT'S FUCKING RIGGED FOR ACTION.
      How else do you explain those numerous hands where 3 people hold an ace and misteriously the 4th comes on the flop?

RANDOM? LOL
      Either they have a deck with 35 aces or a fucking 152 card deck.

Peace 'n love,good luck to all of you ! :club:
  • 52 replies
    • Tscek
      Tscek
      Bronze
      Volume is the the thing that sets you off I think. If you played as many hands(hands, not time spent playing) in real life poker, you would see the same amount of coolers as in online poker.

Well, that's what I say to myself every time I have an urge to start a thread like this. :f_biggrin: I don't even know if I still believe it myself.
    • ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic
      Originally posted by Tscek
      Volume is the the thing that sets you off I think. If you played as many hands(hands, not time spent playing) in real life poker, you would see the same amount of coolers as in online poker.

Well, that's what I say to myself every time I have an urge to start a thread like this. :f_biggrin: I don't even know if I still believe it myself.
      Same here. :)
      But some things are undeniable.
      I have lost 5 or 6 years of my life trying to get a decent 50K-ish "net stack",but the same shit came over and over again just when I got close.
      Do a little test,make a withdrawal from FT or P(ee) poker and sit at the low stakes.The amount of bad beats is unfuckingbelievable.
      ..and to make it funnier I left for good with 7K up.

p.s. don't ask why I'm here than
      I like this site,it's the best and a lot of useful things are here so thx guys. ;)
    • kbwinsagain
      kbwinsagain
      Bronze
      This is my 1st post so I'm hardly speaking from a ton of experience but it would seem the "rigged" claim is a handy excuse. Believe me, I would love to hang my hat on it as I need some excuses for my crap record but I'm not convinced.

I have watched the last 3 WSOP MEs and there are plenty of examples of coolers and bad beats - eg. royal flush beating 4xA's, Matt Affleck's devastating exit.

Having said that, I have just been freshly knocked out of the FTP DD after 2 nightmare hands (I'll be replaying them in my head overnight for sure):
      1) Hero - AKs
      Villain - AKo
      We ended up All-in having hit an A on an otherwise dry board and he hit runner, runner flush, crippling my once healthy stack
      2) Hero - TT
      Villain - 77
      Again, I pushed AI PF (I was down to about 10BBs) over his limp, he called and hit a straight

I'm sure everyone has a similar tale to tell but surely this is a far too lucrative business to be OFFICIALLY exposed as being rigged. If there was REAL evidence rather than anecdotal sob-stories, there would be a huge backlash and the owners would suffer massively (and probably legally).

Anyway, I'm new to this game and would happily (actually, pretty unhappily) be proven wrong.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      you are a bad player imho
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Only if you play PLO
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      obviously pokerstars is rigged to generate rake but i dont think that benefits any one player sometimes you get it sometimes you dont so its poker its just the wild things to happen more then the logical things on pokerstars

and magics site is funny shit if anybody watched is videos you would feel sceptical about pokerstars if you never played online poker . in one video he gets AA 3 times on same table and loses
    • kbwinsagain
      kbwinsagain
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaime001254
      you are a bad player imho
      No arguments from me. Care to be more specific about how you reached your conclusion?
    • dondiego2000
      dondiego2000
      Bronze
      The problem when people say the poker sites are rigged is that they only tell anecdotes of bad beats and coolers, but don't really talk about the big picture. If they looked at their stats, they would see that their good hands (AA, KK, AK, QQ &Co.) still win them a fair amount of pots. But we barely remember them whereas we almost always remember our bad beats!

I am new to the game, and I already had my fair share of AA cracked by runner runner flushes and straights or incredible spots such as QQ vs QQ beaten by a Royal Flush... But these are some isolated examples among a huge amount of times when my AA or QQ actually stood put against worst hands and made me win huge pots.

Actually, live poker displays sometimes some crazy hands too with huge bad beats (look at how Cada an Moon had been lucky during the final table of 2009 WSOP ME!, cracking most of their opponents best hand PF!) and unbelievable action boards that push opponents to go crazy while drawing dead. So why would this be strange on a website?

To prove that web poker is rigged, one must give a bit more than just a few sad stories or strange spots, but show some statistical evidences on a large enough sample of hands!
    • ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic

To prove that web poker is rigged, one must give a bit more than just a few sad stories or strange spots, but show some statistical evidences on a large enough sample of hands!
      I played at least 5 to 8 hours a day for 5 to 6 years.
      The last thing on my mind was recording my hands.Now I wish that I did.
      I'll tell you one funny story from 100K tourney in which I lost double chip lead in like 5 hands on poker sens (170 people left).
      AA in the best position; limp-the guy throws me all in-of course I called-lost to 77
      KK on the small blind -again limped (keep in mind that 45.th place was 4500e and we were in the last 170),he raised all in -lost it from A7 off suite
      -and the best for last,
      AKs on the big blind (I started to tilt than but nevertheless) and went against AA,KK,QQ (pretty amazing,right?)
      13,8K pot on 5 player table no limit -Poker Heaven;
      limped in with 33
      -flop KK3 (raise-reraise-bla-bla-all in,I had him at the AK,KQ at the best
      -of course,he had KK
      Now tell me would you fold those hands?
      I have a zillion like those two above as well as those which I won by pure "miracle".Just like anyone of you.

And by the way it's not a sad storie,I never complained.
      That was a statement.

I went live,even thou I won 7 pretty decent tournaments I'm a cash player.
      I was 100K up only after 1 year which I've decided to start (BRM crap,the poker Holy Bible :) with only 5000e so I don't have to prove anything to anyone here.
      That was 3,5 years ago.

The point of my thread is that I think that there is something fishy here.

Of course you can grind it out on the net but not by logic/skill/whatever.

I personally know a guy who made 120K in 6 months so I guess it's possible because I know for a fact that he's "clean".That man is an unpredictable gambler.His game is still a mistery for me,I usually make jokes that he's a fifty-fifty Hansen/Farha clone.

p.s. ty guys,that was pretty classy
      I honestly expected a real rant here.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      You tried to build a 50k bankroll without recording your hands?

I say you're a phony. I say you started to play few weeks ago and that you're just trying to have a laugh here.

Then again, that's just my opinion (which I'm entitled to, or at least so they say) so please don't start flaming me about this.

GL at the tables! Read some strategy articles.
    • dondiego2000
      dondiego2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ankicasutalo

The point of my thread is that I think that there is something fishy here.

Another cool story bro! But it's still the same thing. I can also tell you stories of my AA cracked by 55 hitting a 3-7 straight. Or my AA vs AQ (bigger stack) vs 66 (shorter stack) at the bubble of the Pokerstrategy FTP freeroll yesterday (true!) where I lost against the two, AQ hitting two queens, and 66 a runner runner flush, making me miss the money!

But my point is that they are just cool poker stories and don't prove anything. When I look at my stats, with just a little over 20k hands in cash games and the same amount in tournaments (I know 20k is a small sample...) my big hands have success rates that are close to their theoretical EV. Which shows that most of the time they were ok when I played them, and sometimes I had a bad beat. AA EV is not 100%!

But well, rigged poker web sites seems to be the new conspiracy fad! :f_biggrin:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Once, I was playing at a live NL50 cash game and ended up all in preflop with a guy holding QQ, 200bb effective stacks. He beat me with a flush.

LIVE POKER IS RIGGED!
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      poker is rigged,
      and....
      phil ivey's a luckbox
      :f_confused:
    • ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      You tried to build a 50k bankroll without recording your hands?

I say you're a phony. I say you started to play few weeks ago and that you're just trying to have a laugh here.

Then again, that's just my opinion (which I'm entitled to, or at least so they say) so please don't start flaming me about this.

GL at the tables! Read some strategy articles.
      How fucking hard is to look at your bankroll once in a while?
      Gimme a fucking break with those fn trackers and other chart crap.
      Can you count?You don't need 6 calculators for that.
    • ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      poker is rigged,
      and....
      phil ivey's a luckbox
      :f_confused:
      Me likey Farha better. :P
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      [?] level...surely it must be...

Would bakeries put rat poison in their bread if it sells better in the short run...

seriously dude...
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      but how mcuh did you lose
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      I think live poker's rigged personally

I mean last imt eI played at the Borg I played for about 10 hours, for 5 of those we played time pots and I managed to pay time 3 times!!! (That's $75 rake in 3 pots for anyone unsure)

Also I lost with AA to T8 on a K94 board when he had to call 3 cold on the flop!! $350 pot up the swanny!!

Then to rub it in the guy I was staying with in the US beat me with 98 vs my A8 on a A98, another big pot gone!!!

This would NEVER happen online!!

Oh wait, it does and it's standard.

@ankicasutalo

We don't use tracking software to monitor our wins, we use it to keep a record of our hands. Anyone with a decent sample size will be able to look at their stats and see that in the long run the hands win as often as they should. The fact you don't use one and you don't think charts are useful bascially shows that in your 5 years of playing you didn't put anywhere near enough time into studying the game. Games are very tough these days and even just winning at any level above the micros is a very good achievement.

Additionally it's a well documented fact that poker is a negative sum game from an emotional concept. A win has to be approximately 4 times the size of a loss in poker to achieve the same emotionally sized response and that's basically why the internet is flooded with bad beat and RIGGED!!! stories and not with "Hey guys look at this awesome suckout I just made!!".

Here's a phrase to learn. "Probability implies Possibility". AA will win 80% of the time if you get the money in preflop. That's isn't 100%, you will lose with the hand, sometimes in the most absurd fashion, that's poker and that's life. You'll make the best decisions and lose, sometimes for thousands of hands. That isn't your fault and it isn't the fault of the RnG somehow being rigged, that's life.

Actually on a side note I'm tempted to start up an opposite side of Magic's channel and just post all teh times I run unbelieveably hot!! That's gotta be great for the games right??? :f_biggrin:
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      @ Boomer2K10: it might but it probably wouldn't be as intrested.

for example "I go all-in here with with my AA and this player calls me witout odds with T8o and my hand holds :p'