This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 two pair laydown!

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I suspect I should probably raise or fold preflop, but, as played, is this a heroic fold or a moment of madness?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($12.18)
      Button ($8)
      Hero (SB) ($23.83)
      BB ($21.17)
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, Button calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.30) 9:club: , 3:heart: , Q:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.05) 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.69, BB raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.50, BB raises to $15, Hero folds

Total pot: $10.05 | Rake: $0.67

Results:
      BB didn't show
      Outcome: BB won $9.38
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Because he's out of the big blind in an unraised pot, he's more likely to have two pair here than a set or the straight in my opinion. The 8 probably helped him, but he could've just hit 98 or Q8 or, more likely, 83. I think he'd play them this way if he's weak enough to play a set this way.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jbpatzer,

Preflop: Being that deep vs BB, I'd rather prefer to fold. Ain't worth completing, just better avoid hard decisions as you got postflop.

As played
      Postflop: I don't like the turn 3bet at all, what do you want us to Call there? Also it's a freeplay ain't worth fighting with only 2pairs, there are still a lot better hands which beat us. Therefore at the best case I'd just Bet/Call and reevaluate river but likely Bet/Folding directly is safer. Depends against what kind of opponent we are.

Best regards.