[NL2-NL10] Nl5, TT on 49Q flop

• newsat
      newsat
      Bronze
      I contibet as a PFA standard.

But I think I should not bet on turn, because Q on flop is stronger than my T.

So I think I should played contibet flop, check/fold(or call) turn, blockbet/fold river ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $5.00
      BB:
      $5.86
      UTG2:
      $5.00
      MP1:
      $3.00
      MP2:
      $3.65
      MP3:
      $13.38
      CO:
      $4.74
      BU:
      $2.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.32, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.69) 4, 9, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, MP1 calls $0.44.

Turn: ($1.57) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.99, MP1 calls $0.99.

River: ($3.55) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.67, MP1 calls $0.67.

Final Pot: $4.89.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I wouldn't 3bet him preflop unless there are aggressive opponents behind you. TT plays well multiway and quite badly heads up, and his min raise is already almost too high to call because of his small stack.

On the flop it's good to cbet but you can bet a little less because the board is so dry. If we bet too much we become pot committed very quickly against him with just a medium strength hand.

On the turn it's okay to check fold with no history. He'd presumeably check behind weaker pocket pairs and middle pairs, and only bet the turn with bluffs and stronger hands. Although it's not nice to have to fold to his bluffs with no reads on NL5 most people play fit or fold on the flop and will only show up with good hands there.

The river is a check fold without reads for sure; there's no way he has a hand weaker that Qx here. (even if he was calling with a 9, it just got there)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello newsat,

Preflop: I don't like the 3bet all all against unknown. Just Call it and play postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Rather just give it up in 3bet pot on turn and Check/Fold, the same for river.

Best regards.