1. Should I bet ip on flop to steal ?

2. Should I fold to river raise ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, A.
      3 folds, BU calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) A, 2, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.15) T (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB folds.

River: ($0.35) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $1.71(All-In), Hero calls $1.49.

Final Pot: $3.77.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      I'd check that flop because alot of weak players who limp preflop like to think they are entitled to the pot if it's just them and the blinds, and 'cbet' without the initiative. Check call flop is my line. Betting out is probably more adviseable (although then you have a tough choice when reraised)

Turn it seems fine to bet, and we're happy to see the BU call.

The river is tricky, but i'd call. Here's my reasoning:
      We just made a stronger two pair, so the only realistic hands that beat us are AT, 77, 2x. With AT and 2x, we can assume he'd bet out on the flop. The 2x hopes someone has an ace, the AT hopes someone has a weaker ace or pocket pair. Neither of these hands are consistent with his preflop story either. The only hand he's representing here that is believeable is 77. We have one seven, one seven is on the board, so there is exactly one combination of 77 he can have. It's horrible because normally when people shove on the river they are trying to appear weak when in fact they are strong, especially if they play so passively up until now. But then again sometimes people turn up with bluffs in awful spots to bluff, and this is one of them in my opinion. He could even trying to be getting value out of worse aces. :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      Hello newsat,

Flop: Nah, not really, you wont get Called anyways by a lot worse, Checking is totally fine.
      Turn: Likely can bet here for value.
      River: Bet/Fold, he wont shove us here with a lot worse. :)

Best regards.