[NL2-NL10] Nl5, semibluffing ip on turn ?

• newsat
      Should I check/call to odds turn ?

or my semibluffing ip is good play ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 4, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.07) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.67, CO calls $0.67.

River: ($2.41) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2.41.
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      You're OOP, not IP.

Against an unknown i'd continue to barrel here with nut flush draw, gutshot straight draw and two overcards, but it is possibly based on preference as much as sound advice.

Betting is the equivalent of check calling his bet but with added fold equity. In fact, if instead we check and he bets, we will find it much harder to get value if we hit any of our outs as they're very obviously scare cards and we have to act first on the river. If we bet into him on the river after check calling the turn, it'll be obvious we hit the flush. If we check to him, he'll check back because the flush just hit on the river. If we barrel the turn and then hit our outs, our hand will be better disguised and he'll be more inclined to call a bet on the river with sets or overpairs.
    • mordath
      If it is an aggressive player what about c/r the turn?
    • Kaitz20
      Originally posted by mordath
      If it is an aggressive player what about c/r the turn?
      if we were for 100bb then c/rai seems fine play. I doubt he can really call us with too many hands and we create a lot of fold equity, but since we´re a littlebit deeper I like betting turn and likely also fire that river card for 1.5$. I doubt he is going to call you down with smt like 56 or 77 and unless he has there two pair+ hand you should get folds most of the time