First hand evalutation

• LastSasquatch
      LastSasquatch
      Bronze
      On a full 9 person table I was in late position with KQs, everyone before me folded so I raised, and was called by 2 players. I flopped an Ace high straight, but with two clubs on the board and me without any clubs. I check and the player to my left raised 10xBB. The player to his left called, and so I went all in. My decision was that I didn't want to give them time to draw better hands than my straight by hitting another clubs, so I wanted to take the pot there and then (which I did). Did I get maximum value?
  • 4 replies
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      What limit? Was it BSS? I say that i would play bet/raise or bet/push rather than check/raise there.
    • LastSasquatch
      LastSasquatch
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've only been on this site for two days (I guess that's kind of obvious hey =p) The stakes were $0.01/$0.02 and yes it was big stack.
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      Hi, pls post hand history without result
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi LastSasquatch,

good news - you arrived in our forum and are looking for help to become a better player. With this first step to success you are probably about to start your poker career!
      My warm welcome from (today rainy) Gibraltar!

• Regarding your Hand Evaluation: Most, if not all, poker rooms offer saving your hand history on your hard drive as a text file.
      • With this hand history, often accessible as "instant hand history" you will be able to convert it to a format where everyone in the forum can easily read stack size, position, cards, flop&turns and rivers!
      • It is really easy once you are getting used to it, and not too difficult in the first place,too.
      • We have one good thread were all information about hand evaluations are available: Hand Evaluation Boards - What you need to know
      • The forum to post your NL2 hands into is Hand Evaluations BSS up to 0.05/0.10

And once again welcome to our forum & welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

PS: the hand seems to be well played by you. It will be easier to evaluate all circumstances once you convert hands to forum-readable format