This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

First hand evalutation

• LastSasquatch
      LastSasquatch
      Bronze
      On a full 9 person table I was in late position with KQs, everyone before me folded so I raised, and was called by 2 players. I flopped an Ace high straight, but with two clubs on the board and me without any clubs. I check and the player to my left raised 10xBB. The player to his left called, and so I went all in. My decision was that I didn't want to give them time to draw better hands than my straight by hitting another clubs, so I wanted to take the pot there and then (which I did). Did I get maximum value?
  • 4 replies
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      What limit? Was it BSS? I say that i would play bet/raise or bet/push rather than check/raise there.
    • LastSasquatch
      LastSasquatch
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've only been on this site for two days (I guess that's kind of obvious hey =p) The stakes were $0.01/$0.02 and yes it was big stack.
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      Hi, pls post hand history without result
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi LastSasquatch,

good news - you arrived in our forum and are looking for help to become a better player. With this first step to success you are probably about to start your poker career!
      My warm welcome from (today rainy) Gibraltar!

• Regarding your Hand Evaluation: Most, if not all, poker rooms offer saving your hand history on your hard drive as a text file.
      • With this hand history, often accessible as "instant hand history" you will be able to convert it to a format where everyone in the forum can easily read stack size, position, cards, flop&turns and rivers!
      • It is really easy once you are getting used to it, and not too difficult in the first place,too.
      • We have one good thread were all information about hand evaluations are available: Hand Evaluation Boards - What you need to know
      • The forum to post your NL2 hands into is Hand Evaluations BSS up to 0.05/0.10

And once again welcome to our forum & welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

PS: the hand seems to be well played by you. It will be easier to evaluate all circumstances once you convert hands to forum-readable format