Icm-O8

    • authman
      authman
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.08.2008 Posts: 811
      Hi all,

      I am lately a PLO8 S&G player, and since I have been a while withouth playing, I have started to think in ICM model for PLO8.

      I think no software exists for ICMO8, and the only useful information I have found is the ICM button in the hand replayer of Omaha Manager.


      Do you know if anything exists, or where I can get more info (or if ICM cannot be applied to PLO8) ?


      Thanks and regards.
  • 6 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.06.2010 Posts: 6,157
      I am not aware of such a tool, due to being purely a cash game player. :f_biggrin:

      I can imagine it being ridiculously convoluted to program with very little payoff (not many plo8 tourmanent players to buy it compared to making an easier to write icm tool for holdem where there are plenty of customers)..

      Maybe someone else can help with this.
    • MP89EST
      MP89EST
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.03.2008 Posts: 385
      I have searched for it but have not found.

      I use smtimes just some random ICM calc, to get feeling for ICM, and understand ICM equitys on/nearing the bubble.

      FI http://www.icmpoker.com/Calculator.aspx

      What limits do you play?
    • authman
      authman
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.08.2008 Posts: 811
      Originally posted by MP89EST
      I have searched for it but have not found.

      I use smtimes just some random ICM calc, to get feeling for ICM, and understand ICM equitys on/nearing the bubble.

      FI http://www.icmpoker.com/Calculator.aspx

      What limits do you play?
      Hi, I'm playing the 16$ S&Gs in Pokerstars (almost no traffic on higher levels).


      Thanks for that link. I had already found that ICM Calculator, but since I read that Pokerstars does not allow any ICM Calculator, I have done my "beta" spreadsheet for it (although it only works up to 5 players at this moment)

      Originally posted by Ribbo
      I can imagine it being ridiculously convoluted to program with very little payoff (not many plo8 tourmanent players to buy it compared to making an easier to write icm tool for holdem where there are plenty of customers)..

      I also think that the application I want does not exist, but it does not mean it would not be useful, so I am trying to develop it (I am a computers engineer, but I have not programmed in years). Not for commercializing it, but for improving my game.


      I have got the hand list from propokertools so I have all ranges, and now I am thinking how I can automate my decisions according to villain's blinds defense, PFR, fold to 3bet an so on...

      I keep on thinking on it, so I would thank any idea.

      Thanks and best regards.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.06.2010 Posts: 6,157

      I have got the hand list from propokertools so I have all ranges, and now I am thinking how I can automate my decisions according to villain's blinds defense, PFR, fold to 3bet an so on...

      I keep on thinking on it, so I would thank any idea.

      Thanks and best regards.
      One of the problems for Omaha is the top 20% of your hand range differs depending on the number of opponents.

      You'd play 2345ds heads up vs AAxx but not multiway. You would have to have different ranges to reflect this.
    • authman
      authman
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.08.2008 Posts: 811
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      One of the problems for Omaha is the top 20% of your hand range differs depending on the number of opponents.

      You'd play 2345ds heads up vs AAxx but not multiway. You would have to have different ranges to reflect this.
      Yes, that is true, but by the moment I am starting with Heads-Up.
      In fact, when you are near of ITM, more than 90% of the times the hand is played HU.

      But the way that propokertools calculate the hand ranges is already a multiway one (that is why (54)(32) is "only" a 15% hand, and the first hand without an A is at the 5%).
      That is way I am preparing a script for doing those HU fights, every one of the different starting hands against the 1%, 2%, 3% ... 100% ranges already available in the web. With this I will get two different ranges. One for multiways, and another one for HU.


      Any more suggestions?


      Thanks and regards.
    • authman
      authman
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.08.2008 Posts: 811
      Ok, I already have the script for it, and I am doing the more than 1.5 million simulations for getting a database of every hand's equity against any range.

      It will take some time, because I do not want propokertools to think I am doing a DoS attack...