Oh S%!t, It's Keruli!?! - moving on to a new challenge

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black

nooooooooooooooo!

Who am I? first off, here's an interview from 2009: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Diamond-Interview-Series-Kruppe_21352/

If you've been a lowstakes reg on ftp in the last couple of years, you may well know me. I've been living off poker winnings for well over a year now. Right now i'm trying to climb out of a downswing bigger than any I had ever imagined I'd be faced with. Just to give you some idea, I started last year with about $11k on my main site, ftp. January saw me falling into the worst downswing of my career to that point, playing NL200FR, low/mid-stakes capNL, NL and PL omaha hi/lo, lowstakes HU PLO, lowstakes HUNL, and reaching a low point of $6k or something after a month or two.
      I then somehow reached a peak bankroll of about $25k around about april, only to gradually slide down to a low of just $3k (WTF?!) at the end of 2010, putting me in a stressful and inconvenient situation.
      see this thread for my cashgames graph for 2010: 2010 Whole Year Graphs
      I'm determined to turn things around, and I've finally started making some progress. below see my graph for this year so far

that's right, I've played 40k hands this year. COWER, MORTALS! I'm 8-tabling rush NL50, i.e. 4 tables each of FR and SH.

some hands to give you some idea of what you're dealing with here:

Full Tilt Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

BabyJohn410 (BTN): $20.80
      dirtmcgirt36 (SB): $52.50
      Bella B (BB): $63.75
      Aischrolatreia (UTG): $92.00
      LargeEddy (MP): $212.60
      Hero (CO): $50.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with K:heart: 5:heart:
      1 fold, LargeEddy raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.25, 2 folds, Bella B calls $4.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($12.25) 3:club: T:diamond: 4:heart: (2 players)
      Bella B checks, Hero bets $6.50, Bella B calls $6.50

Turn: ($25.25) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Bella B checks, Hero checks

River: ($25.25) T:heart: (2 players)
      Bella B checks, Hero bets $38.50, Bella B calls $38.50

Final Pot: $102.25
      Bella B shows 5:diamond: 5:club:
      Hero shows K:heart: 5:heart:
      Bella B wins $99.25
      (Rake: $3.00)

and

Full Tilt Poker $100.00 Pot Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1110536
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Iron Aiden (BB): $100.00
      lesmurphy77 (UTG): $116.65
      SH1ft0r (MP): $101.50
      GrooVy87 (CO): $100.00
      Hero (BTN): $193.45
      david12200212 (SB): $112.85

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      2 folds, GrooVy87 raises to $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) 8 :heart: A :club: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      GrooVy87 bets $6.00, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($20.50) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      GrooVy87 bets $13.00, Hero calls $13

River: ($46.50) J :heart: (2 players)
      GrooVy87 bets $19.00, Hero raises to $103.50, GrooVy87 folds

That's right, I turned AQ into a bluff to fold out AK (well, about 90% AK, the rest AQ splits and AJ). Opponent is a tight TAG, not particularly good, with somewhat low attempt to steal.
  • 64 replies
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Keep it up sir. So we could continue our business :)
      GLGLGLLGLGLGLGLGLGLLGLGLGLGLG
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      OH S%!T, IT'S KERULI!
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      If your playin for a livin dont be afraid to nit it up 100 buyins baby. Ur 50 buyin 11k for nl200 swang pretty hard depending on your volumn even a winning nl200 player can hit the brokehouse runbad+bills=tilt anyway gl
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Acually I just looked at your epic downswing graph a 1000 buyin may be in order sir
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Ok.. this is gonna be interesting..

dont forget to update often! :f_biggrin:

GL!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Targetme
      Acually I just looked at your epic downswing graph a 1000 buyin may be in order sir
      for HU PLO i plan on using 300 buyin BRM from now on. i'm not even joking
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      was planning on grinding yesterday night, but got cut short just after starting to play, and ended up drinking and running round the snow-covered volleyball court naked with a friend of mine due to chopping/washing a bet or whatever with her. (which i'll admit i suspected the outcome of the bet would be, hence my stipulations for said outcome ;) )still ended up winning one stack at NL50 before i stopped though, NL50 rush players are just retarded.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      gl sir (unless u r against me), cya at the tables
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      hmm, I've seen you at my tables a couple of times, but believe I've yet to play a flop against you. anywho, gl to you too
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      I've yet to play a flop against you.
      my nitty style>your loose style :s_biggrin:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      I've yet to play a flop against you.
      my nitty style>your loose style :s_biggrin:
      heh? i play super-tight due to the fact that i 8-table :D
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      I just assumed u were looser then me b/c I am really nitty. When u 8 table do u play 50 and 100?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Good luck with your recovery!

I just assumed u were looser then me b/c I am really nitty. When u 8 table do u play 50 and 100?
      I'm 8-tabling rush NL50, i.e. 4 tables each of FR and SH.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
        I have car repairs coming up, plus today I realised that my annual car insurance payment may actually have been due this week, so I hope there hasn't been a failed payment. And my f computer seems to be dying. The timing is bad, as I was and still am hoping to be able to afford another skiing holiday in Jackson Hole/Wyoming in February. So that's my situation right now.

I've played around 60k hands of rush NL50 8-tabling now, starting near the end of december. If you look at the giraph below this §, it strongly looks like my edge/EVwinrate/winrate/expected winrate/whatever drastically changed after 20 or 30k hands. Of course it could just be variance, but in fact I do think there has been a big change. And I think it wasn't caused by just one thing, but by several factors.
        Firstly, variance improving., I should mention that i was really running terribly for the first ~20k hands or so. My value lines worked much less often than they should, my big bluffs constantly ran into ridiculous calls for no apparent reason, and then there were just endless set-up hands, totally bizarre and unlikely hands that left me shouting at my monitor in complete disbelief. Secondly, some strategy tweaks. if you look carefully at the graph you can see that my red line goes from bad to pretty good somewhere around 20k hands in. This correlates with some changes I made in my overal game, changes that may seem strange: I started set-mining and bluffing much less. This is actually pretty valuable information: both set-mining and bluffing are MUCH less profitable overal in rush NL50 than in any other games I've played, and a lot of spots are flat-out -EV to bluff or set-mine in, even if sensible ranges would suggest profitability. Also, I started value betting more/thinner. Thirdly, tilting less. I decided to try to stop monkey-tilting for once and for all in 2011, and so far I've succeeded despite some sick sessions in the first two days. Furthermore, I learned some important things about how to grind rush. I worked on timing out less preflop and found some things you can do for that and to maximise hands played per hour. I also improved the way I got reads and recorded reads, etc. Anyway, for now I seem to be doing fine at rush NL50.

• i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      firstly lol at calling my 4b. I put u on a monster b/c u prob knew that i couldnt help bluff 4bing u thereforeu knew my range was favored towards bluffs.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      firstly lol at calling my 4b. I put u on a monster b/c u prob knew that i couldnt help bluff 4bing u thereforeu knew my range was favored towards bluffs.
      hehe. you're right about Keruli's perception of your 4bet. but actually he had AQ, and on the turn was hoping to fold out AK or induce a bluff from air that shut down on the flop :)

and lol, Keruli is up 10 stacks again today. at this rate he'll be able to go skiing afterall
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      hehe. you're right about Keruli's perception of your 4bet. but actually he had AQ, and on the turn was hoping to fold out AK or induce a bluff from air that shut down on the flop :)

and lol, Keruli is up 10 stacks again today. at this rate he'll be able to go skiing afterall
      I had A2 so i actually had u beat on the flop.
      I am also up 10 stacks today, my best day in a while.
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      IBet....: But u diont talk about urself inaaa third person so u arent as cool as Keruli
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      lol double post