This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Should I fold my Aces???

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Maybe this may be a classic example of why isn't good to play small aces but as played, was for me possible in the end to go off this hand?

I mean, I should bet and raise on the flop, bet more on the river but should I fold with three Aces when he raise my bet on the river?
      How many possibility are of him got the other Ace or a KT for a straight?
      Also, I don't think he were play like that with pocket Queens

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.63)
      BB ($7.56)
      UTG ($1.75)
      UTG+1 ($2.36)
      UTG+2 ($1.27)
      CO ($2.28)
      BTN ($1.69)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 2:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

FLOP ($0.10) A:diamond: 4:spade: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.05, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05

TURN ($0.25) A:diamond: 4:spade: J:spade: A:heart:

Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

RIVER ($0.61) A:diamond: 4:spade: J:spade: A:heart: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.30, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.40

So, apart the obvious mistake on the bet size (and maybe miss bet on the flop) should I fold my three Aces after he re-raise me on the river? I am so donk :D !!!!)
      Thx :heart:
  • 3 replies
    • joecar
      joecar
      Bronze
      If you weren't iso'ing preflop and OOP The SB complete would be just to hit two pair or better/give up as its a pretty big multiway and your most likely dominated with this flop. 3 barreling is a bad idea especially with the worst kicker. What do you have them put on for their hamd range limps. As most will limp their Ax, Kx , small pockets and especially at river K10
    • CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
      Uhm , you should have gone all in imho.

The only threat you had was 4/4 or k/t. The rest range like A/q , A/J , A/K would have been risen on the pre flop. Not to mention J/J or Q/Q.

Your kicker is pretty strong , so in all Ax (under J) you will be even , but he might answer with a pair since this is nl2.

So either shove or reraise imho but it really depends on the player. If he was a passive player i would think and perhaps call. If he was rather agressive i would definately consider reraising or shoving.

At turn you should have risen more that would make things clear if he had k/10 or not. But i doubt he was calling god shot for 1/4th of bank. (But that happens on nl2)

Cosindering he had K/10 if he wasn't a complete calling station i doubt he did that 2 times on flop/turn.

So we can rule k/10 out also if he wasn't a cs.
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I would fold to a raise on the river.Fold A2o preflop, you can limp back with A2s better.