Should I fold my Aces???

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Maybe this may be a classic example of why isn't good to play small aces but as played, was for me possible in the end to go off this hand?

I mean, I should bet and raise on the flop, bet more on the river but should I fold with three Aces when he raise my bet on the river?
      How many possibility are of him got the other Ace or a KT for a straight?
      Also, I don't think he were play like that with pocket Queens

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.63)
      BB ($7.56)
      UTG ($1.75)
      UTG+1 ($2.36)
      UTG+2 ($1.27)
      CO ($2.28)
      BTN ($1.69)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 2:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

FLOP ($0.10) A:diamond: 4:spade: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.05, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05

TURN ($0.25) A:diamond: 4:spade: J:spade: A:heart:

Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

RIVER ($0.61) A:diamond: 4:spade: J:spade: A:heart: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.30, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.40

So, apart the obvious mistake on the bet size (and maybe miss bet on the flop) should I fold my three Aces after he re-raise me on the river? I am so donk :D !!!!)
      Thx :heart:
  • 3 replies
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      If you weren't iso'ing preflop and OOP The SB complete would be just to hit two pair or better/give up as its a pretty big multiway and your most likely dominated with this flop. 3 barreling is a bad idea especially with the worst kicker. What do you have them put on for their hamd range limps. As most will limp their Ax, Kx , small pockets and especially at river K10
    • CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
      Uhm , you should have gone all in imho.

The only threat you had was 4/4 or k/t. The rest range like A/q , A/J , A/K would have been risen on the pre flop. Not to mention J/J or Q/Q.

Your kicker is pretty strong , so in all Ax (under J) you will be even , but he might answer with a pair since this is nl2.

So either shove or reraise imho but it really depends on the player. If he was a passive player i would think and perhaps call. If he was rather agressive i would definately consider reraising or shoving.

At turn you should have risen more that would make things clear if he had k/10 or not. But i doubt he was calling god shot for 1/4th of bank. (But that happens on nl2)

Cosindering he had K/10 if he wasn't a complete calling station i doubt he did that 2 times on flop/turn.

So we can rule k/10 out also if he wasn't a cs.
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I would fold to a raise on the river.Fold A2o preflop, you can limp back with A2s better.