JJ: Did I play wrong this hand?

• kiromanAAKK
      This hand happened after couple hours of a no very good session where I found villian most of the time with a better hand and that influence my judgement in this hand.

On the flop I need 33% of Equity to make the call where accord to my calculation the real equity at that point was of 72% (Equilab), so, I failed to make the right action.

villian had 74/0 on 69 hands

I started think that villian was not go to leave the hand and bet again the next streets and maybe he can have the King in the end.
      Finally, should I carry on in this hand?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.87)
      BB ($4.53)
      UTG ($1.38)
      UTG+1 ($0.34)
      UTG+2 ($3.40)
      MP1 ($2.35)
      Hero ($2)
      CO ($0.21)
      BTN ($3.53)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:diamond:

UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, UTG+2 calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.14, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.47) K:club: 3:diamond: 2:club:

BB bets $0.47, UTG+2 folds, Hero folds

What I am looking mostly is the review of this hand and in particular if the analysis of the hand is correct or not.
      Thx :heart:
  • 1 reply
    • Fagin
      This seems to me to be a situation that I see relatively frequently. A few limpers, I raise from late position, the bb calls and all others fold. The bb then donks with a pot sized bet ???

In my (limited) experience this usually comes down to reads. If you suspect he is trying to buy the pot due to your late position raise (which usually indicates a reasonably wide range) then with the JJ here you could raise, or sometimes just call and reassess the situation on the turn.

He could be betting with two pair, top pair weak kicker, a flush draw, str8 draw, bottom pair, top set or even complete air. If you call then you have no idea where you are and are no nearer a narrower range for his hand.

One of the biggest problems here is your stack size. A raise comits your stack and a call leaves you with only a pot sized stack behind (not quite enough fold equity for my liking). I don't know what site you are playing on - I play on ipoker and prefer to buy in for $5 on the NL2 tables

A raise (with your mid stack this would mean a shove) however will sometimes be called and someimes folded to. His fold is good as you pick up a reasonable pot and reduce the likelyhood of him trying this again.

With only 69 hands on him you chose the line that would lose you least and while that may seem weak it is rarely a big mistake.

GL at the tables