This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Weak

• SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      Lately i'm really depressed . I play online poker since 4 months now , it doesn't seem much , i know , but i play like 3-6 hours everyday and i improved allot since i started.
      But no matter how good i play and how much i try , i just can't win more than 20 $ without losing it back the next days. I'm better than most players at NL2 and 5 , and still , they always beat me somehow ,mostly with dumb luck.
      At the start of this week all i had left of my bankroll was 10 dollars , so i started playing at NL2 at short stack tables. I played tight , picking only best hands , and going all in with JJ-AA. My opponents were mostly very bad players who called me with hands like 86 off-suited , K7 , 43 , 22 , all sorts of hands . I lost like 80% of the all in raises - i don't understand how this is even possible ; these last two days i went all in before flop 5 times with pocket Aces , and i only won once. I lost once against QQ , and the other 3 against random garbage hands.
      If i can't win on NL2 , what's the point in further playing this game?
      So I'm asking for your advice. What do you think i should do now? Take a break from poker , quit it , keep playing , because i don't know what to do . When i started playing poker it was because people kept saying that it requires skill in order to be successful , but it feels like I'm just gambling , no matter how hard i try.
      I'll deposit tomorrow 50 more dollars and if i lose those too , i'll stop because i already lost too much money.
      Maybe it's time for me to start learning chess :)
  • 2 replies