2NL upwards chart

• FRODOFEET77
      FRODOFEET77
      Bronze
      Hi all does anyone have a chart for when im playing cash table referring to the amount of BR that is need to move up to the next lvl in the cash table scale starting from NL2>NL100 and upwards.

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      You don't really need a chart.

NL5 - $100 is enough i'd say
      NL10 - $250
      NL25 - $650
      NL50 - $1200
      NL100 - $3000

I'd say that's a pretty safe BRM plan that doens't cause you to stay at a limit for ages. Also, use a 2BI shot taking limit, so if you move up to NL10 and drop 2 buyins then move back down to NL5 until you've made your Bankroll back up to $250.
    • FRODOFEET77
      FRODOFEET77
      Bronze
      ty Wriggers thats spot on m8
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      20bi brm ftw up to nl100 imo
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Do you think that's alright NightFrostaSS? Serious question there because I currently have about $950 and was wondering when i should start playing the majority of my games on NL50, i'm currently playing 7 NL25 tables with 2 NL50 tables thrown in :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      At least that's what I used and it worked fine for me, if my mind isn't playing tricks on me that's what used to be recommended on pokerstrategy too.

You aren't using your BR for a living so you can let yourself move up/move down aggressively and still not risk going broke. Like let's say you have 500$ br and take a 4 bi shot @ NL25, you lose 100$ and move down to NL10 where you gonna have 40bi, for you to have to move down even further you gonna have to lose 30 more bi and then you gonna have 20bi for NL5 etc etc

It's not that common to lose so many bi to worry about it especially when you aren't relying on the money you win in poker.

The main reason why I'd say to move up ASAP is because rake in micros rapes your winrate big time. So it probably won't decrease too drastically at higher stakes too while the potential profit will grow.

And it's not like you have to be playing toughest tables available while moving up, bumhunt the hell out of the stakes you are shooting for until you get comfortable br then loosen up with table selection, if you pick good tables it's not gonna be any tougher than the stakes you were playing before.
    • FRODOFEET77
      FRODOFEET77
      Bronze
      NightFrostaSS thanks i will use what you say appreciated
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      I agree that 20BI should be enough, unless you are playing a high variance game. You can even take shots with slightly less as long as you don't mind having to move back down quickly after losing a few BI.

Also as NightFrostaSS said, table selection is very important. Unless you are 24-tabling or something I would recommend always table selecting even if you are confident you can beat your limit, as the small effort in looking for easier tables will have a big impact on your win rate.