UTG+1 ($9.70)
      Hero ($9.85)
      BTN ($19.34)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.75) K:heart: A:spade: 2:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.70, Hero calls $1.20

TURN ($4.15) K:heart: A:spade: 2:spade: 4:heart:

BB bets $2.15, Hero raises to $7.80 (AI), BB raises to $12.08 (AI)

30/17/1.7 272hands

F: when he c/r me i thinks fold but i looks his c/r and 10% so AK he often 3bet preflop, so i thinks his range is 22, A2 and draws so i calls and my plan was shove save turn if he bet again or bet big if he checks.
      T: i thinks save cards only gusthot hits so i shove here.
  • 4 replies
    • Mayana1987
      Mayana1987
      Bronze
      hi deivid
      Well I don't know how it turned out, but his bet on the turn seems a little small to me, as if he was betting for value. I guess in your case I would've been careful about going all in there. Maybe he already hit a set or a two pair on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

Actually I'd rather Bet/Fold right on the flop, since this might be look like weak fold but I don't really see him raising there with a lot worse. He can't really have like GS+FD that often since we have already the Qs, therefore not raising any kind of draws that often. Also his AF ain't that big to raise with draws either, more likely with made hands. And also if we consider about it, the only reasonable hand what he might raise is like some Ace, but how often would he do that? More often I see such passive players just Calling them and not trying to play for stacks. Therefore Bet/Fold the flop. Just curious what did he have? As we decided to Call then likely shove the turn, doesn't make sense to Call the flop and give it up on turn.

Best regards.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      53dd
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by deivid2
      53dd
      Hehe, true example that 272 hands ain't enough. Although it could also depend on his factors like what's his fold bb to steal, WTS, W$SD, fold to CBet. That would be also interesting to know.

But as you see yourself that often it's safer just to fold, more often you see a strong hand here than a GS like this. :D Was very surprising to see such hand, but never know them.

And of course against aggressive opponents I'd get it in there. :)