[NL20-NL50] NL40 SH QKo CO

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.40 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($8.40)
      Hero (UTG) ($40)
      Button ($140.41)
      SB ($37.48)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, Q
      Hero bets $1.20, Button calls $1.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($3) 6, 5, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, Button raises $8.80, Hero raises $36.80 (All-In), Button calls $30

Turn: ($80.60) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($80.60) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $80.60

Hello. Villain fishy player 29/12 3bet 8% WTSD 38% flop aggresion 2.0. I have no reads on this opponent. Because of his 3bet% I think he could not have AK so his range might be Kx, flush draws, combo draws, 2 pair type hands, sets. Agression 2.0 looks pretty big but because of the fact he loves to go to showdown I think most of his draws could be played in the passive way. Also his bet sizing was strange. Really confused me. Please evaluate and thanks :)
  • 6 replies
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      You should definitely mention how many hands you have on villain.

Aggression 2 is not high- so that's no reason to think that he is (semi)bluff raising a lot on the flop.

Without reads and no history I'm folding mainly because of his bet sizing.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zobupasts
      You should definitely mention how many hands you have on villain.

Aggression 2 is not high- so that's no reason to think that he is (semi)bluff raising a lot on the flop.

Without reads and no history I'm folding mainly because of his bet sizing.
      Not very much, 98 hands.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I don't think you can expect him to be pure bluffing you on this board and also I don't see him raising KJ,KT on this board, with that high WTSD I think he is going to take a more passive line with weak-medium strenght hands that have showdown value.
      I assume that a raise that big on that board is either a monster draw against which we are flipping or either, most often, a monster hand like 55-66, 65
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      I don't think you can expect him to be pure bluffing you on this board and also I don't see him raising KJ,KT on this board, with that high WTSD I think he is going to take a more passive line with weak-medium strenght hands that have showdown value.
      I assume that a raise that big on that board is either a monster draw against which we are flipping or either, most often, a monster hand like 55-66, 65
      Yeah I agree with you his WTSD indicates strong hand. But these type of players tend to slowplay too. So I think that it is confusing spot..
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      It is idiotic to slowplay anything on that board. All strong value hands must be fast played(bet/raise) on such a drawy board
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you´re either flipping or being way behind his raising range on that flop I like b/f unless I know he can be bluffing there, raising for value worse hands than mine or raising enough times with draws. Until I do´t have any reads I´d give him credit and b/f to that big raise size that would mostly seems to be for protection