Hello everyone

• Scuipici
      Scuipici
      Bronze
      Hello pokerstrategy.com folk.

I am a new player, passed the quiz, but didn't manage for some reason to get the 50$ starting capital.No worries though, since I mainly stumbled across this site to try and educate myself.I play on Party Poker, and have a small question.I requested the emailing of some hands to get some opinions on them, but they(the staff) state in the mail that they are not to be shared with anyone.How can this be if you advise people upfront to share their hands on the forum for some coaching(no misunderstanding, I am not blaming anyone of anything, I am just curious)?

P.S.Am I the only one getting furious at those freeroll tournaments?

Thank you for everything:) ,

Scuipici
  • 6 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Firstly, welcome to Pokerstrategy!
      Secondly; I'm, not sure what you mean by 'emailing some hands.,' can you clarify what you mean? Waht we normally do on here is 'post' hands in the forums. For example; we have beginner forums for those starting out which you may be interested in. If you don't know how to post a hand in the forums that's ok, just ask. As a new player, you play a hnad and don't know what do, say when you bet and get raised. So post the hand! There are many more experienced players on here who are more than willing to help. :)
      As for the freerolls, if you mean 'frustrated' then yes me to, lol. I built 4 bank rolls from them as challenges so I know the score there.

Basically; ask, ask, ask - and ye shall receive! GL. :)
    • Scuipici
      Scuipici
      Bronze
      I shall first thank you for your kindness.

What I meant with the "emailing" of those hands, was basically my request for the Party Poker staff(you can choose to copy them from those text files-but I kinda got lost in the folders ?( -, or, you can simply ask them to email you the hand/s, I think it's the same thing).

To clarify this mess even further, I quote

"Hello Scuipici,

These hand histories are provided to you as an aid for your training and development. You are not permitted to share them with anyone. We reserve the right to cease providing them or apply further restrictions at any time."

-that is the restriction I was talking about, and I'm afraid not to do any stupid mistake which may affect my future.

Thanks for the patience :]

Scuipici
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi Scuipici

Use a hand converter such as this one (this only supports No Limit Hold'em cash games, but search for "poker hand converter" and you'll find others. This will allow you to post the hands absent of the names of players. Essentially sites don't want you sharing hand histories with other players in order to analyse specific opponents.

There is a bit more information about posting hands for evaluation in this link.

I hope this answers your query. Best of luck and enjoy all the site has to offer. :f_biggrin:
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Hi Scuipici

Get yourself a trial version of poker tracker 3 or holdem manager, both of these will import any hand histories you have stored on your computer, I think they get deleted after so many days or when the folder exceeds a certain size. You can use either of these programs to import your hand histories each time you play. Saves having to look through hundreds of text files.

Would recomend poker tracker 3 for this purpose as it has a 60 day trial against holdem managers 15 days

Good luck
    • Scuipici
      Scuipici
      Bronze
      Thank you a lot everyone, your answers shed light on my whole dilemma.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Welcome to our community again and thanks for all the helpful answers.

Good luck on the tables,
      Hannes