Damn unlucky

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Hello guys!

Please some one tell me if the following can be true!

I have learnt and played poker about six months since know. I read articles, watch wideos, etc. and constantly trying to improve my play. My bankroll increased from 50$ given by Pokerstrategy to 750$, although I was very unlucky much more times than I should be..

I moved my bankroll to PartyPoker and start to play NL25 SH, according to BRM 25 buy-ins rule. As soon I started to play, this happened:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $43.14
      MP3:
      $29.83
      CO:
      $19.50
      BU (Hero):
      $27.25
      SB:
      $32.71

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, BB raises to $3.25, Hero raises to $10.75, BB raises to $43.39, Hero calls $16.50.

Flop: ($70.49) 3, 8, T (2 players)

Turn: ($70.49) Q (2 players)

River: ($70.49) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $70.49.
      Results follow:

BB shows a straight, queen high(J A).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

BB wins with a straight, queen high(J A).

OK, it happens, I though. But soon I losted about 250$ of my entire bankroll in 3187 hands. Tilt.. But also, my EV adjusted was -186$ according to Holdem Manager, that means I would have to lost 60$ less if I wouldn't be unlucky..

I moved to NL10 since I wasn't able to play NL25 anymore with my bankroll. But things remain the same. I mean, my win rate is 3,41 bb/ 100 and in 3864 hands I win 13,16$ but my EV adjusted is +98,38$!!! That is 85$ more than I actually earnt!! Can you imagine how unlucky one should be for that!! One of hands "deserving" is following:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $19.10
      CO:
      $1.35
      BU:
      $3.35
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises to $1.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.60, SB raises to $10.05, Hero calls $7.40.

Flop: ($20.1) 9, 3, 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($20.1) A (2 players)

River: ($20.1) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.1.
      Results follow:

SB shows a flush, ace high(K K).
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces(A A).

SB wins with a flush, ace high(K K).

I am quite mad because those were my only AA I get an action with, in every other cases everyone folded..

Somethimes I think to just give up from poker because in my opinion I don't earn as much as I should due to my play.. But soon I decide to continue, although I have to cry once in a while.. :)

Sorry for my bad english,

Best regards from Croatia!
  • 4 replies
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      welcome to party poker, for real, it has different shuffler or what...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • vitormd31
      vitormd31
      Bronze
      Hello from portuguese community.

I clearly understand what you'r feeling although i only losted my free deposit and my first deposit of U$20.... ¬¬

I can understand a bad beat, what i can't undestand is 3-4 bad beats in a row, one after the other.

there was a 36 players 6-max shoutout where i lost 3 times for low pocket pair all-in pre-flop with a better board and hiting my pair, but the vilain always get his set on the flop or river.

I suggest go to live poker, where you can't blaime FTP or pokerstar for your losses.

Good Lucky!
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Thank you guys for comments!

I was just frustrated a bit after that another loss with AA and had to write something to chill myself out..

I understand that there were always be bad beats in poker, but seems that some players are more unlucky than others, in spite of probabilities, expected vaues etc., just as in a real life, unfortuatelly..

But what to do.. The things will always remain the same so there is not much point to complain.. You can just play your best and hope for the best..

P.S. vitormd31, I wouldn't blame a site in that case, but I think that the dealer would have to run. ;)