This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - K9s facing loose 3bettor

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($114)
      BB ($54.65)
      UTG ($16.65)
      UTG+1 ($138)
      Hero ($71.80)
      BTN ($84.15)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, SB raises to $5.50, fold, Hero calls $4

FLOP ($11.50) 5:heart: 6:heart: 6:club:

SB bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($23.50) 5:heart: 6:heart: 6:club: 6:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB calls $13

RIVER ($49.50) 5:heart: 6:heart: 6:club: 6:spade: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $47.30 (AI), SB folds

Hero shows K:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero wins $47.05

villain laggy reg: 34/31/2, wts 17 3b 13%, 27% 3b from SB (15 samples), 166 hands total. His fold vs 3b is 44, so generally not giving much respect pre.

Is this a decent opponent for this move?
      Once villain ch/c turn should we give up or follow through (on the basis that villain is unlikely to be that strong). I am repping QQ+ I think, so he should be able to fold all pairs below TT.
  • 5 replies
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      I would 4-bet/fold vs that oponent. You have a blocker+ your postflop expectation aren't that good (reverse implied odds imo).
      As played I would just fold to a cbet. You don't represent anything on paired board (except weak draw/small overpair -I expect that you would raise strong draws there). Your outs aren't clean so If 9 or K hits it doesn't improves you in any way and you don't have any showdown value.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I would pick a hand like 67s-89s to do such a move against a player like him since we are deep + IP
      Here we are playing our hand just for the posibility of moving our opp of his hand post flop and I don't think that's enough to be +EV

Once you call I like the play and also the bet on the river just because you were deep and now you have almost a pot size bet, and unless he has some crazy read on you he is folding lots of hands there.
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      I don't think u can rep a strong overpair. Do u ever flat JJ+ here ?
      If he is 3 betting that much he's got to have a looser broke range and therefore u want to get max value from ur Monsters JJ+, AK, so u will 4 bet/call every single time with them.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Do u ever flat JJ+ here ?

For 140bb, Im not 4b/call JJ or QQ - at least, Im not happy about it. So, yeah those hands should be in my range. Agree that KK/AA are 4b 100%
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Do u ever flat JJ+ here ?

For 140bb, Im not 4b/call JJ or QQ - at least, Im not happy about it. So, yeah those hands should be in my range. Agree that KK/AA are 4b 100%
      against that opponent it is better also to flat big pairs, since he would fold to 4-bet too often.
      I think I would just fold pf K9s isn´t really the best hand to protect and he would put you a lot of thought situations postflop. You can 4-bet ip, but I think mostly your 4-bet range should be for value against that opponent.
      As played: since you have no showdown value, your only hand to improve is 9 or K I think better is just either folding flop or bluffraising to 13$.
      Turn and river is fine. Don´t expect him to fold better hand than 77+ or maybe even 5x, but he would fold there A high hands that he may c/c turn.
      Also you should get the same fold equity if you bet 35$