NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($114)
      BB ($54.65)
      UTG ($16.65)
      UTG+1 ($138)
      Hero ($71.80)
      BTN ($84.15)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, SB raises to $5.50, fold, Hero calls $4

FLOP ($11.50) 5:heart: 6:heart: 6:club:

SB bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($23.50) 5:heart: 6:heart: 6:club: 6:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB calls $13

RIVER ($49.50) 5:heart: 6:heart: 6:club: 6:spade: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $47.30 (AI), SB folds

Hero shows K:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero wins $47.05

villain laggy reg: 34/31/2, wts 17 3b 13%, 27% 3b from SB (15 samples), 166 hands total. His fold vs 3b is 44, so generally not giving much respect pre.

Is this a decent opponent for this move?
      Once villain ch/c turn should we give up or follow through (on the basis that villain is unlikely to be that strong). I am repping QQ+ I think, so he should be able to fold all pairs below TT.
  • 5 replies
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      I would 4-bet/fold vs that oponent. You have a blocker+ your postflop expectation aren't that good (reverse implied odds imo).
      As played I would just fold to a cbet. You don't represent anything on paired board (except weak draw/small overpair -I expect that you would raise strong draws there). Your outs aren't clean so If 9 or K hits it doesn't improves you in any way and you don't have any showdown value.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I would pick a hand like 67s-89s to do such a move against a player like him since we are deep + IP
      Here we are playing our hand just for the posibility of moving our opp of his hand post flop and I don't think that's enough to be +EV

Once you call I like the play and also the bet on the river just because you were deep and now you have almost a pot size bet, and unless he has some crazy read on you he is folding lots of hands there.
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      I don't think u can rep a strong overpair. Do u ever flat JJ+ here ?
      If he is 3 betting that much he's got to have a looser broke range and therefore u want to get max value from ur Monsters JJ+, AK, so u will 4 bet/call every single time with them.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Do u ever flat JJ+ here ?

For 140bb, Im not 4b/call JJ or QQ - at least, Im not happy about it. So, yeah those hands should be in my range. Agree that KK/AA are 4b 100%
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Do u ever flat JJ+ here ?

For 140bb, Im not 4b/call JJ or QQ - at least, Im not happy about it. So, yeah those hands should be in my range. Agree that KK/AA are 4b 100%
      against that opponent it is better also to flat big pairs, since he would fold to 4-bet too often.
      I think I would just fold pf K9s isn´t really the best hand to protect and he would put you a lot of thought situations postflop. You can 4-bet ip, but I think mostly your 4-bet range should be for value against that opponent.
      As played: since you have no showdown value, your only hand to improve is 9 or K I think better is just either folding flop or bluffraising to 13$.
      Turn and river is fine. Don´t expect him to fold better hand than 77+ or maybe even 5x, but he would fold there A high hands that he may c/c turn.
      Also you should get the same fold equity if you bet 35$