This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Sick Bluff and Hero Call

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.27)- VPIP: 67, PFR: 40, 3B: 20, AF: Infinity, Hands: 15
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($19.68)
      UTG+1 ($9.50)
      Hero ($4.55)
      MP1 ($6.10)
      CO ($13.20)
      BTN ($6.15)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.90, fold

FLOP ($2.25) A:spade: 6:diamond: 4:diamond:

SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($4.25) A:spade: 6:diamond: 4:diamond: 9:diamond:

SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $2.55 (AI)

RIVER ($9.35) A:spade: 6:diamond: 4:diamond: 9:diamond: T:club:

Hero shows Q:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 78%, Flop 73.4%, Turn 88.6%)

SB shows 5:spade: 4:spade:
      (Pre 22%, Flop 26.6%, Turn 11.4%)

Hero wins $8.90

Hi,

On turn, the Villain Dbet less than 1/2 pot size, it shows weakness to me. Because, I think he should Dbet bigger if he has Ax hand to protect his hand against FD/SD. Besides, he may Dbet as block bet to chase the FD/SD.However, I felt way ahead/way behind. So, I called it and see his action on Turn. Unluckily, he second barrel put me all in and draw is completed. Any Ax ,Flush and Straight have me beat. I also dont know why I made the idiot call :f_p: . Luckily, he is bluffing. Nice bluff! Unfortunate for him because I am a calling station. :f_p:
      Should I 3bet him on Flop? Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • SaDeOnE
      SaDeOnE
      Bronze
      Hey ;)
      deffinetely 3bet flop, i he reraises then fold, if he calls and then checks turn, i think u can jam. if he calls a 3bet on the flop, then donk bets or bets small on the turn, i think this kinda bet shows weakness, so u should jam
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

How often do you expect him to bluff this flop? The problem is when villain donks here you will never know where you stand therefore I just give up the hand straight away on the flop unless you get reads on how he plays Ax/draws/bluffs.

I think we both agree on how good your turn call was. :f_p:

As for a raise on the flop, with your stack size you need to push if you want to raise the dbet and what do you think that will achieve?

Regards,
      burek2000