Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $30,18
      Hero:
      $69,6
      BU:
      $40,45

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em - Ante: $0,05 (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BU calls $1,00, SB raises to $3,00, BB folds, Hero calls $2,00, BU calls $2,00.

Flop: ($9,55) 9:spade: , 2:diamond: , 2:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero raises to $14,25, BU raises to $37,40 (All-In), SB folds, Hero calls $23,15.

Turn: ($89,35) 7:diamond:
      River: ($89,35) 8:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $89,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Th Td)
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, deuces (4h 2h)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, deuces (4h 2h)

how play flop?
  • 4 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I don't see any need to raise that board as it is super dry and imo it's better if you let people barell again the turn. You can think about protection but by raising he is folding anything less than a top pair probably and his range has tons of air hands in it.
      If Bu is an aggro player I would like to call flop and shove over his raise as it is a very good bluffing spot for him.
      If you want to take the pot down right on the flop the raise is good and then the call is mandatory as he is not representing anything on that board. JJ+ are excluded, only value hands are 99 and A2s which are only 5 combos and which in 99.9% of the cases are not shoving this flop.
    • shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      i raised flop because i don't want to give for Bu good odds to call 5$ with AT+, then bu pushed i was surprised , plan was bu folds i call sb's push, bu stack to big to call but i was tilted:)

"If Bu is an aggro player I would like to call flop and shove over his raise as it is a very good bluffing spot for him." i was afraid if he calls and turn J+, but this plan good
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Raise/call Sb's shove it's not a good plan as you're isolating yourself angainst a better range for sure.

I guess you have to fold to his shove on the flop, it doesn't make too much sense for him to cold 3 bet AI with either a value hand or a bluff hand but also his call with 42 pre lacks of sense. I would call/fold depending on his playing style, if he is a monkey raising/pushing all the time I happily call, if he is a more passive guy then I insta fold against his sudden found aggression.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can 4-bet pf and play for stacks but I think call is also fine.
      Board is very dry, but since Sb/bu won´t really get there all-in with worse hands I think call is better than raising and then stacking off.
      You have always option to shove turn and there can´t be that many bad turn cards for you.
      I would also like to fold if BU shoved, since I don´t really see him shoving with A9 or smt, but at the same time it is also very hard him to have 2x, so if you think he may shove there with worse hands, then call is fine