This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] T9s hits pair

• meridius
      meridius
      Bronze
      I hit quite weak TP on the flop and call villain's c-bet (no reason to raise, imo). Should I rather b/f turn to get some initiative with the pair and maybe represent str8? As played, I was planning to call bets below $2 and fold to bigger ones. And the last question, is the river fold too weak, or not? I have about 100 hands on villain, he plays 26/19/1.8.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $18.67
      BU:
      $14.07
      SB (Hero):
      $20.30
      BB:
      $10.78
      MP3:
      $10.27

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, T.
      MP3 raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.6) 2, 7, T (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, BB folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($3.3) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($3.3) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.80, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.3.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello meridius,

Flop: Actually I'd rather donk out myself here and see where we stand with our hand.

As played
      Turn: Donking flop would make it a lot easier, but sometimes I might also prefer to donk it here also, but since we also hit a GS, then Checking and hoping to see a free card is also fine.
      River: Yeah, likely Check/Fold is better, I don't think that we beat that much, he is betting into us, could easily have a better Tx. Next time play other, way as I mentioned and you would have a lot more information on the opponent.

Best regards.