This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] flush on paired board

• ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

MP2: $11.99
      CO: $10.70
      BTN: $9.86
      Hero (SB): $8.07
      BB: $11.36
      UTG: $9.75
      UTG+1: $10.00
      MP1: $1.82

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with J:club: T:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.30) 4:club: 6:spade: T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB folds, UTG calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.74) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, UTG calls $0.37

River: ($1.48) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.11, UTG raises to $3.40, Hero calls $2.29

Can i get away from this flush with the paired board or is it just a cooler?
      UTG had 44
  • 4 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Depends on villain. Against a really passive nit its a fold, against a maniac its a snap call. Any reads/stats?
      Why dont you have full stack?
    • ockerdoc
      ockerdoc
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply, i didn't have any reads on him no, he'd been pretty quiet on the table so i probably should have folded. I didn't have a full stack as i'm playing on a site where i don't have much money, i'm playing cash for the first time as i've been playing SnG's for a while and done ok but i don't feel my game is developing as its kind of robotic whereas cash is much different you really have to think about the hands.
    • parry
      parry
      Bronze
      I'd probably play more pot control on the river and bet smaller, calling a small raise but folding to a shove. If the villain was chasing the spade flush draw they would fold to any bet so pointless betting so big, the only hand calling that bet would be a 6x.

P.S. Don't post the results it kind of automatically slants the advice you will be given if we know their hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ockerdoc,

Add to full stack.

Turn: If I decide to 2nd barrel here, which is definitely fine, I'd rather Bet it bigger, ~$0,55.

As played
      River: Is kinda close, depending on the opponent, as we Bet that big into the pot then sometimes I might even prefer to fold it there, since we are representing a very strong hand but he still decides to Raise us even on paired board and also flushy board. I even consider him Calling the Bet with his smaller flushes. Therefore I might even prefer to Bet/Fold against unknown.

Best regards.