[NL2-NL10] NL2 - I won! What should I have done if...

• robin261187
      robin261187
      Silver
      Known players:
      SB:
      $1.39
      BB:
      $2
      UTG2:
      $4.3
      MP1:
      $2.85
      MP2:
      $1.57
      MP3:
      $2
      CO:
      $1.95
      Hero:
      $2.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.32, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.24, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 5:spade: , 3:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.2, Hero raises to $0.82, UTG2 calls $0.62.

Turn: ($2.39) 6:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero raises $0.98 (All-In), UTG2 calls $0.98.

River: ($4.35) 2:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.35

Results follow:
      UTG2 shows (Ad 6d)
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and deuces (Kh Kd)

Hero wins with two-pair, kings and deuces (Kh Kd)

=====================================================

On the flop UTG2 bet, I had KK and I had to protect my hand, then I raised and UTG2 called.

My question is: what if UTG2 had raised?

Should I assume he probably had a straight, and then fold?

Or should I consider the possibility of his having a three-of-a-kind? In this case I should calculate the odds and pot-odds of myself getting a three-of-a-kind and see if it was worth calling?

And what if I had more money in my stack after the turn? Should I bet more? If he raised, should I fold?

Thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      kk vs 3ofakind u have 2 out, simple as that so no with an overpair u dont want to face 3ofakind.
      do u have any stats on villain? i dont think A4 or 46 is in a 3bet calling range hehe so
      flop bet/raise/get in
      turn ur commit villain would call with a lot of PP here and fold trash hand so
      nh
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello robin261187,

My question is: what if UTG2 had raised?

We can't fold it on flop if he even raises us, likely go broke, he may do that here as well with any kind of OP.

Should I assume he probably had a straight, and then fold?

Straights aren't in their Calling range that often and even if is then we earn a lot money in long run against such opponents. I am still going broke since it's a 3bet pot.

Or should I consider the possibility of his having a three-of-a-kind? In this case I should calculate the odds and pot-odds of myself getting a three-of-a-kind and see if it was worth calling?

Nope, if he has here set then he also made a mistake Calling it preflop, from which you will earn money against him in long run.

And what if I had more money in my stack after the turn? Should I bet more? If he raised, should I fold?

Depends what kind of stack and etc, and also the villain stack, but your shove on turn is pretty standard into such a pot.

Best regards.