AA Overrated?

• booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      Variance is a bitch!

Yes its feels good to suck out on people but this feels like karma x100

I followed BRM carefully, my bankroll was at $160 after a large withdraw and now its sitting at $15 :s_frown:

In cash games I had AA 15 times only twice has it held up, going all in majority pre-flop......

Tournaments as well.... AA IS OVER RATED!

I guess its karma from sucking out small pairs late in tournaments
  • 10 replies
    • vladul11
      vladul11
      Global
      AA is simply >80%. Not overrated, not underrated.
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by booger6o4
      Variance is a bitch!

Yes its feels good to suck out on people but this feels like karma x100

I followed BRM carefully, my bankroll was at $160 after a large withdraw and now its sitting at $15 :s_frown:

In cash games I had AA 15 times only twice has it held up, going all in majority pre-flop......

Tournaments as well.... AA IS OVER RATED!

I guess its karma from sucking out small pairs late in tournaments
      Please tell me your secret to nearly always getting people to go all-in when im holding ze rockets!!!
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      i've had them 23 times in last 2 days, 9 times in preflop, lost 3/9.

i think you're doing it wrong!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      i havent lost the last ~30 times i got em in PF

Aces are your friends
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by booger6o4
      AA IS OVER RATED!
      That's why I'm folding it preflop^^
    • Arazil
      Arazil
      Bronze
      Yep, AA scares the shit out of me when I see it. Either I usually win a small pot because everyone folds or I lose a monster pot because I get outdrawn on the river by someone calling for a flush or straight.

I know they're the best starting hand in poker, 80% fav etc but at the low stakes I play at people just seem to call call call and at the moment they just seem to keep hitting against me. I'm sure it will change but it's annoying as hell when it goes in a run against you.
    • phidelity
      phidelity
      Bronze
      I feel you pal. Right now I hate to see them too after losing in the most bs ways the last couple of times I got em.

It's just like they say, with AA you either win an small pot or lose a big pot.
    • Arazil
      Arazil
      Bronze
      Had AA, KK and AK once each tonight and got beat each time by donk calls making two pair or flushes. Lost big on each pot so that's my bank roll decimated again. I think I'm gonna just stop playing them, they cost me a fortune.

Either that or I'll just go all in and hope to win the blinds, that's about as good as it gets for me with these hands.

When you bet 10xBB and get called with J9 off when holding AA and get beat it is bloody annoying. The most annoying thing is that guy probably thinks he made a great play instead of just getting very very lucky.

I'm off for a wee cry in a quiet corner somewhere.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      professional mentality is overated
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Fold preflop and you won't ever lose to a flush draw or straight draw is your best bet.