Being a shortstack far from the money

• savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      I have been reviewing some of the tourneys recently and I've come to a conclusion that I've no idea what to push when I'm quite short. I'm just trying to figure out, what an optimal strategy should be. I've heard people say, that when I have 5-6 BB left and there's still 6-7 people at the table I should be pushing quite wide - ~50% of hands. Does our range change as we're approaching the bubble? What if the blinds got so high that everyone is kind of short?
  • 2 replies
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by savage1981
      I have been reviewing some of the tourneys recently and I've come to a conclusion that I've no idea what to push when I'm quite short. I'm just trying to figure out, what an optimal strategy should be. I've heard people say, that when I have 5-6 BB left and there's still 6-7 people at the table I should be pushing quite wide - ~50% of hands. Does our range change as we're approaching the bubble? What if the blinds got so high that everyone is kind of short? What about following hand? Should I have pushed it?

[/color]
      IMHO no.

If you were CO with no raises in front then that would be a hand to push into the 2 shorties behind.....

But you had a 3bb raise in front from someone who has you dominated...

I would fold and wait for a better spot.

Download ICM Trainer or SNG Wizard and practice, practice, practice!!!
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Ok, I just realised that I might have posted the wrong hand.