This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Being a shortstack far from the money

• savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      I have been reviewing some of the tourneys recently and I've come to a conclusion that I've no idea what to push when I'm quite short. I'm just trying to figure out, what an optimal strategy should be. I've heard people say, that when I have 5-6 BB left and there's still 6-7 people at the table I should be pushing quite wide - ~50% of hands. Does our range change as we're approaching the bubble? What if the blinds got so high that everyone is kind of short?
  • 2 replies
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by savage1981
      I have been reviewing some of the tourneys recently and I've come to a conclusion that I've no idea what to push when I'm quite short. I'm just trying to figure out, what an optimal strategy should be. I've heard people say, that when I have 5-6 BB left and there's still 6-7 people at the table I should be pushing quite wide - ~50% of hands. Does our range change as we're approaching the bubble? What if the blinds got so high that everyone is kind of short? What about following hand? Should I have pushed it?

[/color]
      IMHO no.

If you were CO with no raises in front then that would be a hand to push into the 2 shorties behind.....

But you had a 3bb raise in front from someone who has you dominated...

I would fold and wait for a better spot.

Download ICM Trainer or SNG Wizard and practice, practice, practice!!!
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Ok, I just realised that I might have posted the wrong hand.