Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.37
      BU:
      $4.23

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) K:diamond: , J:spade: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.13, BU calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.45) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

River: ($0.61) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises $3.94 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.55

--- I wasn't sure what to make of this hand, preflop I made a standard raise, on the flop I cbet. Turn I wasn't sure about this player, so I decided to check/call, though I'm thinking a second barrel here would be a good decision - am I right? River, easy fold right?
  • 3 replies
    • parry
      parry
      Bronze
      I'd bet all 3 streets and go broke if they shoved the river on this board.

How has the villain been playing the flop (obviously only 8 hands but the show down % is 43) have they been calling C Bets light?

As played with no reads I think you are ahead enough times here to make calling profitable. Paying the rake on a split pot is always a bummer though X(
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      Originally posted by parry
      I'd bet all 3 streets and go broke if they shoved the river on this board.

How has the villain been playing the flop (obviously only 8 hands but the show down % is 43) have they been calling C Bets light?

As played with no reads I think you are ahead enough times here to make calling profitable. Paying the rake on a split pot is always a bummer though X(
      +1
      y do u check the turn? u have a good hand and u should put the money where it belong, he would have done the same with a lot of hand ,in fact with 88vpip his hand might be anything but poor sample still,
      river is a call obv, u beat any pp 22-QQ that would play the same here and u split with a K
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

Just Bet all 3 streets for value, ain't worth Check/Calling on turn, we also have to find out where we stand and extract value from worse Kx hands.

As played, as we only Calling for the split and have played that passively then I don't even mind Check/Folding, since we haven't invested much. Ain't worth Calling, he will most often have the K here also or sometimes even come up with quads.

Just to avoid such situation, always Bet for value against those kind of opponents, don't be scared.

Best regards.