sit n go blueprint

• 9 replies
    • pokerski
      pokerski
      Bronze
      It is a nice, easy read about spewing equity and other SNG play aspects. I recommend it, but will probably take more than this blueprint to make 16$ per hour :D
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I signed up and received the first part. Didn't have time to read it yet, so I can't comment on its quality, but it's already 26 pages long.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      can anyone forward all of the emails to me... don't feel like waiting 3weeks for a probably useless strategy guide :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I recieved the 3rd part today or yesterday, haven't read any of 'm. I can forward if u send me your email

edit: just skimmed over part 3 and didn't look so good... it's called "the ultimate multitabler guide" and teaches you to play 8 tables... :s_biggrin:
      Also failed to mention "standard" sng tools like HEM and tableninja.. meh
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      i would rate it a 5.8/10....
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      yea sng players are really spoiled here at ps :p
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I just read the first part and I think the quality is rather good. For complete SnG tactics the first part is definitely not enough, but it claims to be a 4 weeks course, so who knows.

Short summary:
      - Many grammatical mistakes
      - Lots of noise, things which increase the length of the document but don't really add anything
      - It reads like an advertisement to join Titan poker with their bonus code
      - I doubt whether the poker rooms they recommend are really the best rooms to play SnGs.
      - It seems to hurry you in opening up as many tables as possible to reach the goals very fast.
      + Solid ABC poker
      + It clearly explains what your goals in SnGs are and why (something PokerStrategy is lacking, in my opinion)
      + It explains how you should approach different phases of SnGs.
      + It does a very good job on explaining why you should be tight in the early phase of SnGs.
      + It's a rather easy read, despite, or maybe because of all the noise.
      + Adding another table really isn't that hard.

I haven't played poker for around 6 months and when I started again in December, I found myself struggling with micron DoNs. Not losing money, nor making profit. I've never been a winning, nor a losing poker player. My stats may seem negative, but I've always compensated that with bonuses and promotions. Poker rooms and affiliates were always the ones making money, not me.
      After reading more articles on PokerStrategy.com, attending coaching sessions and switching to shorthanded SnGs, I started to make small profits.
      After applying strategy based on Nash equilibrium, I became significantly more successful during the end game of SnGs.
      After reading the first part of the article I became more aware of the importance of bubble play early game tightness and I've become more successful.
      Because of multitabling I became more confident of my play, despite bad results. With a 2% BRM I lost $50 yesterday and today (~15 buy ins) and I clearly recognized that I was having a downswing and that I wasn't playing bad. Now I won back $40 in two hours by playing solid poker and I am confident I'll be able to quickly move up limits if I keep playing like this.

I advise these blueprints to everyone who's struggling to make profit in SnGs, because there are definitely good clues in them how to increase your game. Just make sure you won't forget they're not complete, like most strategy articles, and that you need to keep studying.
    • gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      you play shorthanded or full ring?and how many tables per time?
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I currently play 9 handed 5-tables at the same time. I've played 10-handed SnGs on Pokerstars, but it takes more time to get to the bubble and you'll usually have less chips. 9-handed is a little easier I think.

I've also played short handed SnGs on Pokerstars, but the problem with them is that the blinds are usually much lower when you're heads up or 3-headed. I think heads up is much easier to play when you can just stick to some standard strategies. Of course, if you're a better player, you might earn more money, with lower blinds because you have more time to outsmart your opponents, but for many of us that's not the situation.