FLOP ($2.25) 4:diamond: 7:heart: 2:spade:

Hero bets $1.68, BTN calls $1.68

TURN ($5.61) 4:diamond: 7:heart: 2:spade: K:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($5.61) 4:diamond: 7:heart: 2:spade: K:club: 5:spade:

Hero bets $1.60, BTN raises to $10.41, Hero folds

BTN wins $8.37

unknown

What do you think about river? He shows weakness on turn so maybe I have the best hand. He mitht raise preflop with wide range from BTN.
  • 3 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      If you wanted to fire two barrels, you could have bet turn. If he called with high cards, then the king is not necessarily in his hand. If he called flop with a seven or a draw, then you can extract value. If he had a stronger pp ou a flopped 2pairs or better, then he will not fold and you can check/fold the river.

As played easy fold river after his big raise. You can't know where you are. The 5 can complete some gutshots, or give him two pairs with which he is now more confident, or maybe he is just bluffing. However your turn check showed weakness and even if he doesn't represent much, I'm not sure you can really call this.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Oh, my question wasn't precise :) I meant is my blockbet ok on river? I agree its easy fold when he raises.

Turn card is good to barrel, but I assumed my hand isn't very strong after he callfed flop and he is preflop aggresor, so didn't bet turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think turn c/c should be fine, you don´t really want to b/f as strong as 88 on that board
      I would c/c river. My hand doesn´t look the strongest and I need first info if I can bet small and then call raise on the river, since my hand looks really weak to him or what hands would he call on the flop and doesn´t bet on that turn card. If player is aggro I have no problem b/c river, since he doesn´t really rep anything and my weak bet would often rather induce bluffraise from worse hands