good monitors for multitabling

• 18 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well i use 27inch LG and you can tile 12 tables w/o overlaping. Personally i prefer to stack tables if i play more then 12 tables anyway so one is enough for me.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Well; I use 2x22" Acers (used to use 2x22"+20" before).. no matter which ones, since they're few years old and nothing special.

If you buy monitor only/mainly for poker, go for a cheap one IMO. You dont need anything special at all, so buying some highend is just spewing money.
      Actually, I'm going to buy some 27" today and found pretty cheap one: AOC 27" LCD V27M - should be good enough for multitabling...

edit: I can fit 12 tables on 2x22" without overlapping and in comfortable size.. But I prefer to use one monitor for tables and the other one for lobby/hem/table scanner so I minimalize eye/head movements (<- that's the reason to buy one bigger)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I use a 23'' to get all the tables, and all the garbage on a second 19''.

I don't think having a huge monitor is needed for multitabling. I like staking my tables so I don't have to move my eyes so much, 20 tabling without overlapping would be hell. I got my 23'' supercheap and used online.
    • pokerski
      pokerski
      Bronze
      Buying monitor to this month, will go for 24", not sure which yet.

Here is interesting article about poker monitors.

http://www.firsttimepokerplayer.com/online-poker/hardware/monitors/

Hope it helps.

Cheers!
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      why exactly you guys use a 2nd monitor? the hem stats are on the 1st one, what do u check on the 2nd ? i still cant believe everyone is stacking the tables, how do u ever add a note on a player if you folded the hand for example ? ur utg 72o u fold, the hand goes on, giant fish on BB goes AI with 92o vs aa, and from all this u see nothing coz u folded. u completely base everything on stats ?
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerski
      Buying monitor to this month, will go for 24", not sure which yet.

Here is interesting article about poker monitors.

http://www.firsttimepokerplayer.com/online-poker/hardware/monitors/

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Yeah I found this quite useful too
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Dell 15 inch ftw
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      23 for my tables, 17 for my lobbys, internet, hem etc. I tile.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      why exactly you guys use a 2nd monitor? the hem stats are on the 1st one, what do u check on the 2nd ? i still cant believe everyone is stacking the tables, how do u ever add a note on a player if you folded the hand for example ? ur utg 72o u fold, the hand goes on, giant fish on BB goes AI with 92o vs aa, and from all this u see nothing coz u folded. u completely base everything on stats ?
      I use a second monitor for comfort, it's not like I need a second monitor or I can't play

However have you tried to play 20 tables without stacking? It has to make you tired quicker + it's easier to timeout + you are not going to see the action on all the 20 tables anyway.

You have a point in the note taking, but 20tabling has to hit your winrate somewhere.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      when i was 16 tabling at FT i was constantly taking notes of others, but stacking tables gives you no choice of doing this..i saw once a video of stacking play but it was just..well horrible for me..the guy did so many mistakes because he didnt have more then 2seconds to act, he couldnt even read his own notes just played his hand like it was a standard player..now, I have some players with over 5-6line of notes, you can never ever read that while stacking, is it actually worth playing 20+tables like this?
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Just get a monitor with decent colors and contrast, the reaction time is nearly irrelevant if you don't want to play any fast paced PC games ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      when i was 16 tabling at FT i was constantly taking notes of others, but stacking tables gives you no choice of doing this..i saw once a video of stacking play but it was just..well horrible for me..the guy did so many mistakes because he didnt have more then 2seconds to act, he couldnt even read his own notes just played his hand like it was a standard player..now, I have some players with over 5-6line of notes, you can never ever read that while stacking, is it actually worth playing 20+tables like this?
      depends on how much will your winrate drop, you can aproach this with math only to see from which point it's not worth it to add more tables. however if you want to improve your game and move up 20+ tabling/stacking is not worth it.
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      I don't play 20 at a time (up to 15/14 max) but I play on two 24' flat screen monitors. I initially only use one 24' monitor but when I upgraded my CPU it just made sense to dual monitor.

If I could do it again I think I'd go with just one 30' monitor but to each is own.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Why can't you take notes if you stack your tables ? You just pull outthe table you've got action on, take a note and stack it back in. Personally i think 20+ tabling SH cash games is kinda impossible since you've just got 2 much action going on, but grinding 24 tables FR os SNGs its really not that hard.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Aaron you stack or tile your tables?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I recommend the samsung P2770HD to anyone looking for a 27" monitor. v high spec screen with v low refresh time and excellent contrast/ with built in HDtv tuner and a remote.

"This Samsung model also includes an integrated HDTV tuner, built-in stereo speakers, a Dolby Digital decoder, and nearly all the A/V inputs you could want, albeit only one each of HDMI, DVI, and S/PDIF on the digital side, and VGA, composite, and component on the analog side"

2ms screen.

This is my current monitor, and its awesome.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      i used to play 18-24 tables of ssssh just on 13" laptop screen with an xbox controller. Stacking don't really need a huge monitor
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Aaron you stack or tile your tables?
      Missed this post.. I actually do a combination of sorts. Most of my tournaments will be cascaded on my screen but I then will make one bigger and in the middle (not completely blocking my other tournaments) if I get deep in something or I am playing a bigger buy-in tournament.