[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - I'm sick of those asses!!!!

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $15,52
      Hero:
      $32,45

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, CO raises to $3,50, Hero calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,35) T:spade: , 5:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $4, CO raises to $12,02 (All-In), Hero calls $8,02.

Turn: ($31,39) 3:spade:
      River: ($31,39) T:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $31,39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows double paire, aces and tens (Ah Ac)
      Hero shows (Jh Jd)

CO wins with double paire, aces and tens (Ah Ac)

Once again limp/raise from unknown. I even considered folding my jacks preflop since he had not raised a single hand before that, and almost everytime an unknown did limpraise me he had AA or KK. I decided to play, and to broke if i get an overpair because I also see a lot of unknown doing this as a tilt because they are sick of getting their limps reraised (I reraised his last 4 limps). I don't 4bet because I will be way behind his calling range I think? Or did I just played my hand miserably?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 59/5 folding JJ might be better option, since they usually doesn´t c/r with worse hands. If you think he can have there also AQ/AK or small pp then just shove pf
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I refrained to shove preflop not to get his "bluffs" (AK and AQ mostly, but I sometimes see players doing total bluffs with SC or so, which is strange at the limit but it saw this quite often) out of his range, assuming that he would call my shove postflop with Ahigh because of my aggressive image.

Thank you for your answer, next time I'll fold in this spot. I think I was maybe a little on tilt because I first considered folding, and once on the flop I wished I had fold, but shoved for coherence with my preflop play. I ended my session a few minutes after this hand ^^
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DoigteurFou
      I refrained to shove preflop not to get his "bluffs" (AK and AQ mostly, but I sometimes see players doing total bluffs with SC or so, which is strange at the limit but it saw this quite often) out of his range, assuming that he would call my shove postflop with Ahigh because of my aggressive image.

Thank you for your answer, next time I'll fold in this spot. I think I was maybe a little on tilt because I first considered folding, and once on the flop I wished I had fold, but shoved for coherence with my preflop play. I ended my session a few minutes after this hand ^^
      that is always good. No need really to continue playing with tilt, since very rarely you end up winning back your money and more often you loose even more