[NL2-NL10] A2 Freeplay too aggressive I think

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.05/0.15 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2:club: , A:club: . Hero posts a blind of $0.15.
      UTG+2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.20, UTG+2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10.

Calling the raise here is quite optimistic I think. Do not like it seeing the hand now.

Flop: ($0.85) 5:heart: , 2:spade: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.30, UTG+2 folds.

All players are checking into me. On this board a flopped pair of 3 or 5 could do it where I'm behind. A slowplayed set either. An overpair should have been more aggressive, but enough possibilties to be beaten here already. Low pair and Gutshot next time I think I would play cf.

Turn: ($1.75) J:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.35 (All-In), 2 folds.

No action of the opponents. Now I'm at this point I have to play the hand through. It works but still not satisfied with the play on the flop, maybe even not with calling the mnbet preflop.
        P.S. Sorry my converter deleted the stacks, but mine I think you can calculate. I'm quite optimistic ;)

Final Pot: $3.10
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      pre-flop call I think is ok, you have both absolute and relative positions, so if you flop something you will be in a good spot, imo

I see clear check/fold on the flop, draw is extremely drawy, you are against 3 opponents... I don`t think your gutshot outs worth something.

turn as played I choose check behind
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Preflop call from UTG+2 usually pocket/draw hand, SB call Ax small + UTG+2 hands, BB minr small pocket or draw hand up to KQso.
      At least i can speak of what i see at FT, at my limit.

I think profitable to call preflop, and a bet could give you information ( but your bet is small enough to give good odds for draws ) where are you at, be sure you can fold to a reraise tho ...

2 draw hand called flop bet, but J :diamond: really not completes anything. So if you were ahead on the flop, you are ahead now also.

Still, you dont have to play all way, if the turn card fits the flop. You gave good implied odds with your small flop bet to flush draws.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I even think that the preflop call is more then close. But on the flop I check behind, as well as on this turn. Overpairs will call anyway and you might have a few outs for a splitpot or sometimes you also have 2 outs (already discounted) for Two Pair what is the best hand. But right now, your hand is way to weak to invest any money.