huge preflop raises

• hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I'm noticing more and more in micro Rush that some players are open raising 5-7x the BB... I was wondering what other people's reads are about someone who does that.

It is usually in EP or MP...

Opinions?
  • 5 replies
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      I dont play rush but id presume QQ+ all the fish are sick of people just calling there 3 or 4bb open and hitting sets, 2pair and the fish not been able to lay down big over pairs.

I could be wrong as i dont play it but i remember every time i did and got 3 or 4 callers with aces i wasnt to happy!
    • Arazil
      Arazil
      Bronze
      I admit that I've started doing this. I've changed from opening 4xBB to maybe 8 or 10xBB when holding a primo hand. Sure, some will say this is an obvious tell but I don't think most people at the micro stakes think that way or pay enough attention to notice. And if I do get called/re-raised I know at least I'm not up against someone holding 86s.

Reason for this is as the guy above said, I get fed up being called by 4-5 people holding any two suited cards, any ace or sometimes just any face card and then watch them hit their flush etc on the river. This way only people who think they have a proper hand go into the pot.

I've lost so much when holding AA/KK/AK against people just flat calling and then lucking out I think this has to be a better way. Might not work at slightly higher levels as people probably won't go into as many pots with weak drawing hands.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      for example i insta fold QQ to a 10bb openraise, got about 300k hand experience in NL10 Rush and i know that big openraise is only AA and KK:) actually KK is way lower, like 20% only.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      l

o

l
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      ye its sad, but cant afford loosing everytime somebody opens 10bb, in the beginning i was curious what they have, but when they had the same hand over and over again..its pretty easy to fold it