FLOP ($2.35) 5:diamond: 3:club: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $1.76, CO calls $1.76

TURN ($5.87) 5:diamond: 3:club: 4:diamond: A:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($8.87) 5:diamond: 3:club: 4:diamond: A:spade: A:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $6, Hero folds

CO wins $8.43

loose player

On turn scare card appears and I didn't want to turn my hand into a bluff so I played check call.

River - my plan was check and call depending on bet size, but he bets big, I think I am beat. But there is busted flushdraw so maybe he decided to represent an ace, because I showed weakness on turn? Maybe better I had to bet like 3$ and fold to raise?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      betting river seems strange
      I think you can maybe c/c if you think he has there enough worse hands that he is either turning into bluff or he has there missed draws.
      Don´t like b/f, since he would usually not call with worse hands (although he might raise them) and you gain generally more by letting him just bluff.
      I think fold should be fine, if board was smt like 563 then I´d likely call, since then he can have a lot worse hands that he might bet river, but here he is floating quite often with Ax hands on the flop and would valuebet river.
      Best way to adjust that player is generally going to showdown. You see what hands he is floating and can adjust accordingly. But here it seems you´re beat a little too much to c/c river.