bb miniraise question

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      so i played some bss already. And i found out, that people are scared of picking up just the blinds with aa or kk, or qq, ak (premium hands). So some of them make quite obvious miniraises, and hope for one call, a top pair hit by bb, and an all in. But i was wondering, because those people are often veeeeery donkey, and cant fold kk/aa, can i play for tripvalue with two cards i consider to be live? connectors and other low cards with some extra value? 74s, 75o, 82s, etc.

I stacked a guy who was holding aa with j9, because he miniraised, and i thought the 994flop was good for me.

Is it ok to do this? I can fold tptk and two pair on a scary board. Will it pay off? Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi helemaalnicks!

The last sentence is very important! You have to be able to laydown top pair with these hand s if you play them. But if you are sure, that your opponent is a donkey and that he will pay you off often enough you can play these hands. But you should have very good reads before playing these hands.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      btw, there was s0me tilt value inv0lved t00, cause 2-3 hands later i stacked him again when i hit a m0nster. :)
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      According to the BSS you call a min raise with any 2 cards because of the odds.

Or use call15 maybe if your playing heads up against a short stack, it's probably better to fold your low pocket pairs.