This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Fr] JJ nl 25

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1116032
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $25.00
      BB: $14.25
      UTG: $25.72
      UTG+1: $21.26
      MP: $22.45
      Hero (CO): $25.25
      BTN: $13.19

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with J :spade: J :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 2 :spade: 9 :diamond: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero raises to $5, BB raises to $13.40, Hero calls $8.40

Turn: ($28.60) 2 :heart: (2 players)

River: ($28.60) 6 :heart: (2 players)

Villian is 15/6/30 after 244 hands. I didn't know what is his range to lead the flop. Still I expect people to try to checkraise their set especially with a stack size like this. I didn't want to call cause there is many cards I don't want to see ( any :spade: K, A)+ it will be hard to escape with my hand given his stack and SPR.
      The problem is that with raise I commit myself. Any ideas???
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      In fact I'd prefer a call here. He donks the flop, because he thinks this is a flop where you wouldn't Cbet and he needs protection, as well as a value-bet with a set or 2pairs. I don't really see him donkbet bluff wiçth overcards, which means that if you call and an overcard falls then it hits your range much more than his, which helps you getting a cheap showdown.

I'd go for a call flop, call or bet/fold turn given he either bets or checks here, for either value against a passive hand or pot control against an aggressive one.

As played, I'd fold to AI. You only beat TT or A9 in his range for shoving, and I don't think he will often shove over calling here with those hands, if not simply folding them.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since he is 15/6 I think call would be a little better on the flop and then evaluating on the turn. If he still pots turn I think you can consider folding, since you see set a lot of times.
      Once you raise flop you can´t really fold to shove, so raise/call can be also fine, if you decide to go with your hand