Coffee Sweat and Tears - A epic SNG tale

• Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Hello, and welcome to my blog.

So it’s been awhile since my last attempt to create a blog, mainly because i haven't played much lately.

I started to play poker for around 4 years ago on my mother's call, she had seen Gus Hansen in a Danish television show, and where he was talking about how much money he made on online poker.

At the time I was 16 years old, homeschooled and was gaming 16 hours a day, sleeping 3 and masturbating the rest.

So she created an account, and "supervised" me playing, and I donked all the money away, but had fun while doing so.

My dream at the time (That dream will never go away!) was to be a pro gamer, but the thought of getting good at another thing that would always be able to create money for me, was to hard to deny.

So one day I choose to study poker, and I read a couple of "Real" books and that ruined very much, in one of them it was written that poker-Pros would be able to get ITM 80-90% of all sit and goes, as if.

I have only a few times moved outside my SNG area mostly to MTT but a couple of times to cash as well, but only with bad results.

1. I hate Cash games, I hate it, and I guess it’s because my brain is programmed to play SNG and because I always end up losing money in cash..
      2. I want to play MTT as well, and I think I’m good at them but I always gets a bad beat before it gets funny
      3. I Luuuuve SNG Always have and always will.
        So my plan as of the New Year is to take poker even more seriously than before, and I only have a couple of ideas of how I do that.

• Find a good (Cheap/willing to make a deal of somewhat) coach, that can help me locate some errors in my games (If any!!)
      • Try to use SNGWizz after every set
      • Start reading about MTT and how you play them well

So if you're a coach and reading this I would be interested in hearing from you with an offer.

A bit about my poker career as of today, played 10000+ SNG if not way way more than that. I will divide my goals into Weekly Monthly and quarterly goals.

• Use SNGWizz to check all my games played
      • Have a EV$ in $+ and try not to focus on the green line
      • Post updates into my blog (This one will kill me) even though it’s not good results

That must be enough for the weekly goals.
      I will post the monthly goals later in another post + the quarterly goals somewhat later as well.

And a last note before I start on a set is that I play 1.75$ 9 max turbo, and I play with a 50 Buyins BRM rule.
  • 12 replies
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Tourneys played : 40
      ROI (%Ev adjusted) : 11.9% (8.1%)
      Winings ($EV adjusted) : 8.30$ (5.68$)
      Time played : 3.0
      $/hr ($Ev adjusted) : 2.75$ (1.88$)

My review:

The results is good, the $Ev stayed in plus, I have used SNGWizz to help my push/fold game.
      I also located some errors in the early game and that is to underestimate my opponents,
      I get a bit carried away when I see 3 people all-in preflop with A6o vs TT vs 76s again and again,
      and then I just think they are all people with too much time on their hand.

I'm a bit disappointed with the volume of my game, could have played more, I’ll manage to improve there.

Good luck to the people of PS and its users.

Note to self = Press the reply post butten, not the new thread botten.. :f_love:
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      I'll just jump right into them
      • Try to locate a coach and find information about how much it’s going to cost or if he’s willing to make some kind of a deal
      • Get to the 3.40$ SNG FR Turbo
      • Get Silver Star status on PokerStars
      • Focus on the areas where my game got issues

That should be possible enough.
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Tourneys played : 60
      ROI (%Ev adjusted) : 17.0% (13.3%)
      Winings ($EV adjusted) : 17.85$ (13.99$)
      Time played : 4.6
      $/hr ($Ev adjusted) : 3.07$ (1.88$)

My review

It’s been a nice day :)
      Hopefully it’s because of my improved mindset and the fact that I use SNGWizz to help locate some error.

There is of cause a lot of room for improvement but the important goal is to continue down this learning path, that I’m building for myself.

And a little thing, and I know it’s nothing, but I find it funny :D

I know it’s nothing, but also kind of cool to be on it.

• pokerplayer05
      pokerplayer05
      Gold
      nice blog.good luck with you goals and studing :)
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Tourneys played : 60
      ROI (%Ev adjusted) : -7.4% (0,6%)
      Winings ($EV adjusted) : -7.8$ (0.58$)
      Time played : 4.4
      $/hr ($Ev adjusted) : -1.79$ (0.13$)

My review

I hate those days where you just keep getting called by AA when you get KK, and no action on your AA's, but they come and go, and you just need to grind trough them.

The last set was nice helped the graph out a bit.

Then the bonus is rakeback, played a 230 FPP hyper-Turbo sat to a 11$ Sunday tournament, and then unregistered.

So if anyone knows a better way to use your FPP on PokerStars let me know

• Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      ROI (%Ev adjusted) : -3.6% (0,4%)
      Winings ($EV adjusted) : -2.50$ (0.25$)
      Time played : 3.1
      $/hr ($Ev adjusted) : -0.80$ (0.08$)

My review

The two first sets was just poor play, and the last was gay..

Had a funny moment tough, I wrote a comment last night about me being unlucky about every time I get KK someone else get AA.
      So today I picked AA made a standard raise, got a re-raise all-in I called, and the guy showed AKo and I thought "Oh there is fairness in the world again" but on the turn the second king showed and I just started laughing and shaking my head.

• Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Tourneys played : 30
      ROI (%Ev adjusted) : 20.9% (8.6%)
      Winings ($EV adjusted) : 10.95$ (4.49$)
      Time played : 2.3
      $/hr ($Ev adjusted) : 4.73$ (1.94$)

My review

Last set was nice because I won! :f_cool: I hate to lose.

Second set was quite annoying, didn't get a single AA, or KK. :] Shit happens.

• Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      PokerStars, $10/20 NO Limit Texas Holdem Tournament, 9 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      CO: $1,500
      Button: $1,490
      SB: $1,480
      BB: $1,500
      UTG: $1,610
      UTG+1: $1,500
      MP1: $1,500
      MP2: $1,500
      MP4: $1,420

Dealt to BB 5:diamond: 3:club:

Pre-flop:
      UTG calls $20, UTG+1 calls $20, (2 folds), MP4 calls $20, CO calls $20, (2 folds), BB checks

Flop: ($110) 7:diamond: 3:spade: 5:spade: (5 Players)
      BB bets $80, (1 folds), UTG+1 raises to $320, (2 folds), BB raises to $910, UTG+1 raises to $1,480 and is all-in, BB calls $570 and is all-in

Turn: ($3,070) K:spade: (2 Players)

River: ($3,070) 4:diamond: (2 Players)

Results:
      BB Showed 5:diamond: 3:club:
      UTG+1 Showed 4:heart: 6:heart:
      UTG+1 wins $3,070

:f_confused:
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      Tourneys played : 50
      ROI (%Ev adjusted) : 25.0% (0,4%)
      Winings ($EV adjusted) : 21.85$ (0.39$)
      Time played : 3.8
      $/hr ($Ev adjusted) : 5.72$ (0.10$)

My review

I feel terrible.. Being so above the red line makes me feel like I played a crappy round but when I analyze it, I can't find to many errors.

And I jump to this weeks total results.

Tourneys played : 280
      ROI (%Ev adjusted) : 9.9% (5,2%)
      Winings ($EV adjusted) : 48.65$ (25.38$)
      Time played : 21.2
      $/hr ($Ev adjusted) : 2.30$ (1.20$)
      Rakeback (Rakeback %) : 11$ (15% rakeback)

Total winnings : 59.65$

Week review

• Use SNGWizz to check all my games played
        Yes, but I'll stop doing it because I realized I pretty much did the right thing according to it, but it did help me get a bit more aggressive
      • Have a EV$ in +$ and try not to focus on the green line
        Yes and I feel guilty, am I the only one who feels bad when I get lucky..?
      • Post updates into my blog (This one will kill me) even though it’s not good results
        This one was the one I feared the most, mostly because I normally just stop writing in it because of getting bad results (I am somewhat of a braggart)
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      PokerStars, $10/20 NO Limit Texas Holdem Tournament, 9 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      UTG: $1,500
      CO: $1,470
      Button: $1,280
      SB: $1,590
      BB: $1,500
      UTG+1: $1,500
      MP1: $1,660
      MP2: $1,500
      MP4: $1,500

Dealt to SB Q:club: Q:spade:

Pre-flop:
      (2 folds), MP2 raises to $40, (3 folds), Button calls $40, SB raises to $170, (1 folds), MP2 calls $130, Button calls $130

Flop: ($540) K:diamond: 2:heart: T:club: (3 Players)
      SB checks, MP2 bets $100, Button raises to $1,110 and is all-in, (1 folds), MP2 calls $1,010

Turn: ($2,760) 2:spade: (2 Players)

River: ($2,760) 9:diamond: (2 Players)

Results:
      MP2 Showed Q:heart: A:spade:
      Button Showed 7:club: 9:club:
      Button wins $2,750

Sometimes you wonder.. :f_eek:
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      LOL :D what a hand.
    • Sejnar
      Sejnar
      Bronze
      The Last 1.75$

ROI : 13.8%
      Winings : 9.65$
      Time played : 2.5
      $/hr : 3.91$

My Review

I don't recall them but they seem fine, and my review of them was not to many errors.

So it’s been sometime since my last update, and I have playing my ass off in the 3.40$ that I just started on and my first graph of those are ready now.

The 3.40$

Tourneys played : 160
      ROI : 12.2%
      Winings : 66.20$
      Time played : 12.3
      $/hr : 5.37$

my review

I'm confused I really am, because as you can see the $Ev is very low and I have review both by Universal hand reviewer and in HEM, and I don't think I’m playing bad.

My only thought so far too why my red line is so low, se because of a few tournaments where the $Ev is -3$ and that’s pulling down the others.

But I guess there is only one why to find out if I’m just being lucky or not and that is to keep grinding and get a bigger sample.

And the total graph so far this month.

Tourneys played : 480
      ROI : 11.3%
      Winings : 124.50$
      Time played : 36.1
      $/hr : 3.45$
      Rakeback : 21$

Total winnings : 145.49$

My review

I think I played most of the time my A-game, but I'm really concerned about the red line.

If anyone maybe could give me some feedback on how much I should think about HEM's $EV or if it’s more a guide line..

But if I only was goal oriented I would be very pleased because I both have started and have quite good profit in the 3.40$ and that I now got Silver Star on PokerStars.
      I would continue to play but I would really appreciate it if some people would respond to me about the red line.