Poker Stars facts,you decide if it's rigged

• 22 replies
    • ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic
      I'm not posting or answering after posting this new topic.
      My trolling days are so far behind me that I can hardly even see them anymore.
      I wish you all good luck,peace 'n love! ^^
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Wait! A 13 minute video showing 3 years worth of suckouts means Stars is rigged!? Well, I guess I better move sites. Actually screw it, I quit, all online poker is rigged!
    • SihoFish
      SihoFish
      Bronze
      sorry but many of these situations are just normal.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      You keep saying your trolling days are behind you but this is the 3rd thread in a week where you've posted the same thing as "evidence" to the same conclusion that online poker is apparently rigged.

Somehow I don't think you'll get much of a different answer this time.

I was linked to this guys Youtube a while ago as people thought it was funny, well after a few watches I don't find it funny, I find it sad that not only someone puts this amount of time into a Youtube project yet is still stupid enough to play on what he thinks is a rigged site and also that people are actually taking what he says as the gospel truth when all he shows is a bunch of bad beats, some of which are 100% standrd hands, such as one of his latest one where he bitches and moans about 2 guys getting dealt KJs and QQ when he's dealt TT and he has to fold when QQ open shoves 60bb on the flop and KJs calls with a Flush Draw, and then he also finds time to bitch when the hand that's got 40% equity on the flop wins.

Unfortunately it's just a general reflection on the amount of proof people need to try and convince themselves something's wrong with the system and not them. Much easier to blame something else that to try and improve yourself.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @Bommer: why bother about such players? :O
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      Yeah I guess I fell victim to the

But I just felt it needed saying :) . I just want to try and encourage more thought processes regarding self improvement rather than blaming everything in sight which seems to be a developing theme in th epoker community. It either:

1) The sites are rigged
      2) It's coaching sites fault
      3) It's multi-tabling's fault
      4) It's the rake's fault
      5) It's HEM/PT3's fault
      6) It's PTR's fault

etc

and it just occasionally gets to me :f_biggrin:
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      I laughed at that guys videos the first few times but seriously he must have some issues. Also his accent makes my head hurt.

I think Waterboats videos are way more funny. :f_biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj8oZQaKcu0
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ankicasutalo
      Really? Because this is the third thread in 4 days you've started with the same comments and the same video - which does nothing to prove your point as outlined here.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Please stop. Your making me cry
    • Alieaz
      Alieaz
      Bronze
      Online poker sites know that if their software was shown to be "rigged" that this would be very unprofitable for them. Look at how sharply Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bets clientel plunged when the Russ Hamilton scam was exposed - and that wasn't Absolute Poker rigging anything but an employee who had access to the internal workings of the software being paid money to allow Russ and his colluders to see the hole cards of their opponents. Incidently, this destroyed Mike Matusow's confidence as he was a major victim of this scam - surely you all remember how good Mike was running 2-3 years back and then he suddenly slumped? It had a lot to do with this. In short, poker websites AGGRESSIVELY hunt out collusion and do all they can to ensure the security and legitimacy of their deal. Often the reason one might be led to the conclusion online poker is rigged is because in online poker you play more hands and see "bad beats" more often. This is normal and not a legitimate reason to think it is rigged. Another reason you might think it is rigged is that you either suck or don't use BRM and are looking for other reasons to explain why your bankroll shrunk/disappeared.

Please don't shoot me.
    • ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      Net Poker Rigged?

Are you a man of your word?Does it mean anything?
      Up on your bikey and get of your diamond hemoroid ass or stf up.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      Originally posted by ankicasutalo
      FAIL
    • blackaces82
      blackaces82
      Bronze
      lol, this is really funny and really sad at the same time.

especially the 2 pair thing. he really thinks 2 pair on a one suited and connected board GOT TO BE the freakin' nuts...
    • Durrrrable
      Durrrrable
      Bronze
      in b4 ban. cool story bruh
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      These threads made me come to the conclusion that boomer2k10 should post more often
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      stopped watching at minute 3, even for someone without a life like me time is precious.
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      The guy who makes these videos has 186 of them, and he still continues to play poker...AT POKERSTARS. Latest one was a month ago....can't belive it is too rigged if he keeps going back.

He also has links to sites...like where he will make you a custom pokerstars skin for money and affiliate links to poker edge.

I love people who make money from the weak.....
    • Alexportland
      Alexportland
      Bronze
      Looking at the numbers it appears that Pokerstars consistantly makes about $10 profit per player per year....seems pretty reasonable to me.

Also on most of those videos the person who has been supposedly robbed starts with a worse hand before the flop and then get blinded by their 2 pair and somehow fails to see the glaringly obvious flush or straight potential on the board.

Taking hands out of context and playing them in isolation proves nothing.