Calendar with freerolls.

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Now that there are significant more freerolls, is there a way to put up something like a calendar with all freerolls happening?

Or is navigating through the news the only way of finding it out?
  • 4 replies
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Cracking idea
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey there,

generally I like the idea, however it can prove tricky to keep this up to date and fill it with all the relevant information - and one needs to take into consideration that freerolls aren't exactly attractive for higher limit players, so this calendar is nothing that is profitable for the entire community, but would take quite a load of work to keep up to date across our 18 languages.

We do, however, have an entire forum dedicated to promotions and freerolls: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1480

:)

Hadi
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hadi
      Hey there,

generally I like the idea, however it can prove tricky to keep this up to date and fill it with all the relevant information - and one needs to take into consideration that freerolls aren't exactly attractive for higher limit players, so this calendar is nothing that is profitable for the entire community, but would take quite a load of work to keep up to date across our 18 languages.

We do, however, have an entire forum dedicated to promotions and freerolls: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1480

:)

Hadi
      PokerStars being taken out of the Top250 Promo and getting 5k$ freerolls instead makes this calendar more interesting/needed.

And about not being interesting for higher limit players, a freeroll worth 5k$ should bring around 500$ for first place if I'm not mistaken, which imo even for a NL100 player is nice. So, what % of the community plays NL200 and above? I bet under 5%, so for 95% this would be great.

To keep it updated to all 18 languages is probably some work, but it has to be updated only around 1~5 times a month?

I just checked the link you suggested, and it's not easy to find which freerolls are still going to happen.

Or maybe a solution which is in the middle would be to sticky on that forum the threads about freerolls still going to happen.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      We can certainly think about having a sort of compendium of current freerolls - but again, this is something that needs initial planning and will require a substantial amount of work to be up to date. So while this is not a "no", it's not a "yes" either ;)