[NL2-NL10] 69s from CO

• Alficor1
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BU calls $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.85) A, 3, 5 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, BU folds.

Turn: ($2.25) K (2 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.00, SB calls $2.50.

River: ($10.25) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.48(All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.25.

Guy 15/12.. he took time on the turn, on the river he's never bluffing and i dont think hes betting worse either.. what do u say?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Alficor1,

Preflop: Depends what kind of opponents are behind us, if they are kinda loose to Call as also the BB seems to be that kind of player then I'd rather just fold such hands.

As played
      Postflop: Those VPIP/PFR don't say much about his postflop play, only how he does play preflop. For example WTSD, W$SD, AF and etc stats would say how he does play postflop. Otherwise I'd say if he is some kind of passive opponent then more often folding should be safer, since he would often take such a line with FH/better flush and rarely with trips or 2pairs. Therefore withou good reason, I think folding should be safer, although I would could consider raising turn bigger. And also what about river, was it like snap-shove? Snap-shove could easily indicate that he has a very strong hand there. Although against some bad player we sometimes even can consider Calling, since he may also shove worse there with some kind of reads.

Best regards.