New Kid On The Blog

• Sinnology
      Hi guys!
      I ve been reading some of your blogs for some time and been thinking how cool it would be to make my own.
      The ultimate place of my poker progress tracking, goals, feelings, ambitions and overall evidence of my discipline and commitment.

So the time has come to do it - yeah feeling of freshness arises when am writing this :)

Ok something about my poker path.

I ve been member of for about an year but been more seriously into poker world for the last 6 months or so.
      First I played some SNGs, than pursue my luck with SSS style and after surviving few nasty downswings, lost tons of nerves, beat few limits(up to nl100) and earn some $$ I ve decided that I want to become real poker player and develop a real skill by studying and playing BSS strategy.Mainly 6 max.
      Only played for about 10k hands on nl10 with 7 Bis down so far.
      I play mostly on pokerstars and party poker on nl5 and nl10 with accounts which arent tracked by pokerstrategy,thats why I will probably stay bronze forever or at least until I switch to Full Tilt Poker which is tracked by

Something about myself besides poker:

I am 27 years old and I come from Slovenia
      I am at the last year of faculty of architecture but my college never turned out to be what I wanted of it, so I cant see myself sitting in the office and drawing massive projects(I spent last 3 years of my life doing just that).
      So the plan is to write my diploma by this summer but my $$ would have to come from other sources( poker would be ideal).
      Am pretty social and outgoing person, so spending all my free time grinding and study poker inside is pretty hard for me to be honest.
      I do it often but at the end of the day I feel lonely and pretty "disconnected" from the world around me.
      I was never that good and disciplined at organising my time, so I thing that tweaking that little bit could make possible to hang out with people and play poker in same time.
      I will probly talk about it often.
      Besides goin out I play guitar,meditate and train martial arts.
      I was 4x Slovenian champion in muay thai, I won european muay thai cup in Singen , and finished third on Amateur Muaythai World cup in bangkok 09.
      In my teenage years I did a lot of taekwondo and later switch to boxing, which is my fav art to this day.
      I broke up with a girlfriend with whom I was for 3 years recently, so now am in wild mode, where I enjoy meeting new beautiful women so there is pretty big chance that I will write something about it in this place too, to make it more than just a poker.
      As you could probably conclude am competitive as hell and huge adrenaline junkie.
      Love pretty much everything that is wild and adventurous.
      Favourite hobbies at summer are diving,rock climbing and ofcourse everything that has anything to do with boxing :) .Done bungie jumping couple of times and jumped out of airplane too.
      This year am off to make a licence so I can do jumps on my own - that should be fun as hell.
      Am in love with hang gliding, but they dont allow me to glide on my own, so usually I do it in tandem with a friend( hes in charge and am lying on hes back - yeah it looks and feels funky :) .
      I love traveling,especially to exotic placese, where they dont have winter, have cheap beer and nice girls:) .
      Pataya in Thailand is my favorite, and once I hope I will move and live there.
      The reasons : awesome beaches, perfect weather all year, awesome muay thai training camps,nice girls and cheap beer and hookers- for me paradise on earth.

Ok thats pretty much everytihng about me in random order.
      I will try to update this blog 2x a week and write something more about myself and my path.

All the best

• 122 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Bling Blang Blaow!

Any recent fights? Your goal should be to piss off Phil Hellmuth and beat him up when he gets too aggressive. :f_biggrin:
    • luitzen
      You remind me of new kids on the block:
    • Sinnology
      Any recent fights? Your goal should be to piss off Phil Hellmuth and beat him up when he gets too aggressive

Haha, thats great idea.To suck out with A2s against PHs KK and kick him in the face :) .
      Actually I think am one of rare ones, who likes the guy, so probly wouldnt do it, but still like the idea.
      Am more focusing on other areas of my life at the moment so no new fights on sight.
      Training hard tho,mostly boxing.

It reminded me that I will have to start looking out for photos and videos of my fights(my hd died not so long ago and took tons of good memories with it-10gigs of photos + some videos).

You remind me of new kids on the block

Yeah I tihnk thats better name for my blog... Thx :)

Cheers guys
    • Wriggers
      Very nice blog man :s_cool: Will definately follow :)
    • Sinnology
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Very nice blog man :s_cool: Will definately follow :)
      THx man much appreciated!
      You yourself, have a nice blog too, will go thru it later in the eveinng and post some comments.

• Sinnology
      Hello peeps!
      I ve been neglected poker and my blog lately- sorry blog :)
      Yeah , I ve got tons of stuff goin on in my life atm, that finding time for sitting infront of screen for hours is really hard.
      I ve got a part time job, which is excellent( working for my best friend), got involved with this awesome girl and fall in love.
      But not in with the girl( yet) , but in paragliding.
      I ve been doing it on and off for some time but this time I invested some money and bought my own wing and gear, so its more intense then ever.
      Ok, time to talk about a poker:
      Havent played much and when I did, I made tons of stupid mistakes on nl10, so I decided to move one limit down until I adopt, and gain confidence in my play.
      So currently playing at nl4 on Party(graph below).
      There are tons of fishes on this limits and with some dedication and control of my game(fodling when beated), I should crush it soon( at least I expect it to be).
      Began reading first part of Balugas Easy Game, and simplicity of the book really astonishes me.
      THe sentence : " Getting good at poker is about learning and not winning", really resonated in my ears, so I made a promise to myself to dedicate much time to study and sweat than am doing it now.

I ve done some sweating last night with jbpatzer and he gave me couple of advices and put few concepts and ideas in my head.
      It was overall cool experiance, sweating with him , hes great and funny guy ( for a math professsor :) ,and I think everyone should sweat with him ( naaah, he didnt payed me for this one- yet :) .
      What I ve figure out, that I need to find couple more guys for sweating sessions, so I can do it at least 3x per week in this learning stage, so that is going to be one of my main goals for this month.
      I cant afford coach atm so I can hopefully get someone who plays nl25 or nl50 to sweat with me(willing split earnings) .

Need to go now, but will pop up later, to write my goals for february.

Here is my graph for 2k hand on nl4 :

Uploaded with

Swingy as hell :) .

O yeah and something for entertainment:

this is what I am doing :

and when I grow up I will certanly do this :

• Sinnology
      I came back, to write down some goals for month of february:

:club: Play at least 20k hands
      :club: find at least one more sweating partner
      :club: watch "crushing the micros " series,take some notes and implement those concepts
      :club: post hands at hand evaluating forums 2 a week
      :club: Read The pokerblueprint book
      :club: re-read ps bss silver articles, that I downloaded earlier
      :club: watch as many bss play videos as I can
      :club: while playing focous soley on poker, action on tables and my game, without other interference
      :club: update my blog at least once per week

non poker related goals:

:diamond: constantly training 4x/week
      :diamond: have sex with some random cute girl that I will meet during this month
      :diamond: goin go bed at 12 pm at latest, and wake up at 7
      :diamond: eat 5 healthy meals a day and stay away from sugar
      :diamond: meditate at least 30 mins / day EVERY DAY!
      :diamond: read the book The way of superior man
      :diamond: do something about being more organised in general( I will elaborate on this later probly)

Ok I gave myself tons of work for this month, so I better start doing it.

I wish ya all all the best
    • rorrlsh
      Good to see you back, but even better to be back myself :-) I'll get back to studying for real this week, probably today.
      Hope to catch up on skype.

• jbpatzer
      Originally posted by rorrlsh
      Good to see you back, but even better to be back myself :-) I'll get back to studying for real this week, probably today.
      Hope to catch up on skype.

So where have you been and what are you playing now?
    • rorrlsh
      I am finishing my studies (looking for a master thesis) so I have some time to start studying poker again, and hopefully learn that BSS SH for good.
      I dont want to occupy Sin's blog with my story so I hope to chat with all you guys soon on skype.
      PS: jb I checked your blog you haven't made any update for sometime... What up with that?
    • rokuo
      cool :s_love: jus dont mess up with phil hellmuth . . . Bt use ur AA to beat Tony G and for non poker related Random handy sex . . . Always use Comdoms. And there are lots of other fishes in da pond bt u might wana go back 2 ur gf. Gud luck dude :s_love:
    • Sinnology
      Good to see you back, but even better to be back myself :-)

Hey mate, its nice to see you back, I ve been here on and off for some time already.

I dont want to occupy Sin's blog with my story so I hope to chat with all you guys soon on skype

It would be nice of you to start your own, but regardless of that feel free to post whatervers on your mind here - mi casa is es casa amigo ( Oscar would be proud on my Spanish ).
      For some reason, I cannot see you on skype, so I erased your contact and added you again, hope that will do the trick.

Edit : It works now :)

Rouko thx for your post bro.
      Am always using condoms, so no worries for that( unless they break, lol :)
      As for part thats refering of me getting back with my ex is yuck.
      IT was an awesome journey and shes exceptional person whom I deeply care about, but time has come for us to continue separate ways.
      I went thru my fair share of pain,doubts and traumas of loosing her but now I know I did right thing and after all am much happier with myself than I was back then.

• Sinnology
      Just moved my roll to FTP due to rakeback and played couple of sessions there.
      Tables on nl5 are really fishy and there are tons of them ,so there is no waiting in lines which I ve experienced on party poker.
      At one point I was like 6bis up than I started to tilt, since fish I was playing lot of hands against started to hit everything.
      I admit it was my fault, he stacked me twice and on top of that I lost a stack with OESD against guy who floped a set -wrong.

My biggest problem is that I cannot fold good hands, when am clearly beaten.
      It costs me tons of money and thats deffo somthing I will need to work on.

Here is an example:

$0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by

UTG Puszek666 ($2.93)
      UTG+1 TILT_SHOVING ($5)
      CO arh_iDoctor ($5)
      BTN Hero ($6.56)
      SB jjxxcc ($5.02)
      BB goranwe ($3.45)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) Hero is BTN K:spade: 10:club:
      Puszek666 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Puszek666 calls $0.15

Flop: K:club: A:club: 10:spade: ($0.47, 2 players)
      Puszek666 checks, Hero bets $0.15, Puszek666 calls $0.15

Turn: 5:heart: ($0.77, 2 players)
      Puszek666 checks, Hero bets $0.45, Puszek666 raises to $1, Hero goes all-in $6.21, Puszek666 goes all-in $1.58

River: Q:heart: ($9.56, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $9.56
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Tens
      K:spade: 10:club:
      Puszek666 shows a straight, Ace high
      Q:diamond: J:spade:

Puszek666 wins $5.54 (net +$2.61)

Hero collects $3.63 (net -$2.93)

I mean when I think about it now, for Gods sake, what worst hand will call my raises on flop? AJ, AQ ?
      Guy with 15% 3bet would for sure 3bet me with AK,JJ, probably AQ too.
      And I just coudlnt fold! :s_confused:

AM such a big fish - LOL

Anyways I ve figured out that I dont play enough as I should, so I will raise my investment into poker hours wiseley and decrese amounts of other not so important activites I do ( going out for coffess too much, beers, and spending times watchin useless movies, poker shows and TV).

Here is my graph for now :

Uploaded with

Amm of to watch some videos and playin now. Stay tuned

Cheer :s_love:
    • EmanuelC16
      Bet .30-.35 on the flop.
    • Sinnology
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Bet .30-.35 on the flop.
      THx man, I cant wait to get in another situation like this, to see if I ve learned sometihng.

I played 1.2k hands yesterday and seemingly my graph looks more and more as jbs roller-coaster.
      Was satisfied with my game pretty much all session, than KK sucked out vs my AA, than I I made a mistake of pushing overpair on low board, which cost me a stack.
      At the end I was slightly on tilt, couse I just coudlnt hit nothing, and I pushed 88 vs guy who 3beted me 4x in a row, he showed QQ and I sucked out like a pro :)

$0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by

CO LoLtheTurtle ($10.02)
      BTN Hero ($5)
      SB marmike ($7.39)
      BB deputamadre90 ($7.14)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 4 players) Hero is BTN 8:club: 8:spade:
      LoLtheTurtle raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, marmike calls $0.18, deputamadre90 raises to $0.90, LoLtheTurtle calls $0.70, Hero goes all-in $5, marmike folds, deputamadre90 goes all-in $7.14, LoLtheTurtle folds

Flop: 4:spade: 8:heart: 2:spade: ($13.24, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: 6:heart: ($13.24, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 2:heart: ($13.24, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $13.24
      deputamadre90 shows two pair, Queens and Twos
      Q:heart: Q:spade:
      Hero shows a full house, Eights full of Twos
      8:club: 8:spade:

Hero wins $10.36 (net +$5.36)

deputamadre90 collects $2.14 (net -$5)
      marmike lost $0.20
      LoLtheTurtle lost $0.90

LIKE A PRO :)
      I stop my session after this, to prevent even more losses.

Here is a graph of this month :

Uploaded with

Like a roller coster I told ya.
      I need to put some more work to boost that red line of mine, it worries me a bit.
      IF anyone has any sound advices please let me know.

Stay tuned ...
    • rorrlsh
      1st: Don't get on TILT so easily :s_grin:

2nd: I wouldn't be worried that much of your red line yet. Not a big sample and you are playing NL5, not a lot of people fold on that limit. Just try to get to river with a best hand.

3rd: Check you CBet %... since we just switched from SSS I'm pretty sure its high. well at least mine is... 95% (but still just a small sample size)
    • SneakyhanD
      What is your skype user ?
      I play NL BSS on fulltilt , NL2-NL5 Fullring mostly.

My skype : tfc.justrpay ( copy paste )
    • Sinnology
      @ SneakyhanD

Man I added you to skype, please accept invitation so we can chat.

1. thats something am workin on at the moment

2. Maybe you are correct here, but I ve seen much better red lines at nl5 and nl10.Well see what will come in next few 1000 hands.

3. They are ok for bss my flop cbet is 77% and turn cbet 55% .
      Your is deffo too big, but we can work on that one and soon it will drop.

Enough of poker for today, am off to chase a girls .

Stay tuned
    • Sinnology
      Been playing bit more intensively in last 2 days and watch some videos,and despite my graph still continue like a roller coaster I am feeling that my game is improving.
      Am workin on improve my C game and also trying to understand overall concepts bit more.
      REading articles form pokerstrategy and posting hands on evaluation forums made me ralise that my thinking processes during the game need some serious tuning , which will hopefull improve by study and analysing.
      My red line also remains one of my main concerns, which I will need to start workin on.

Something strange happen to me today, which put a big black mark on my overall impression about
      I should of receive 75$ from TAF programme since one of my friends made 5k SP mark.
      But guys from pokerstrategy decided to keep all money for themselfs, couse hes account is been deactivated, which is very un fair imo.
      I am sure the got their share of rake he made on pokersite, otherwise they wouldnt count hes strategy points.
      So if they got paid I think its fair enough to pay promised reward regardless of hes account status.

Not very dissapointed by this but I do find it to be very rude and capitalistically oriented not to say ignorant.

Anyways here is how my new graph looks like :

Uploaded with

I hope this green line will continue upwards this time and my red also.

Besides of poker its been very emotionaly drained day after some family discussions, so am goin out now, to drink few beers and meet few nice girls, and try to bring something home.

Stay tuned