[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - Jacks in family pot :)

• DoigteurFou
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $1,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1,00, BU calls $1,00, Hero calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($4,25) 9:spade: , 7:spade: , 5:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $3,5, MP2 folds, CO calls $3,50, BU folds.

Turn: ($11,25) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,5, CO folds.

Final Pot: $18,75

I 3betted a lot recently, so even if a megasqueeze is tempting, I'm OOP and I don't want to 3bet on 3 opponents with the bottom of my tight range. Maybe stupid because they give me quite a wide range, but I thought that playing for the set/overpair value might be more profitable than a 3bet, even if OOP (they are most fishes in the pot). What do you think of this?

On the flop I gotan overpair, which is good but vulnerable. I chose to donk it for protection and value vs overcards. I chose to bet strong because 4 opponents and I want fold equity to simplify the hand to play, as well as the maximum value vs Ace high.

I got called, and I put my opponent on a slowplayed set, two overcards, or a flush/straight draw (maybe with one pair something like 98 or As5s). I bet again for value and protection as well here, value against TP, pair+draw, and maybe even pure draws, and for protection against overcards. I'm only beaten by an bigger overpair, a set, flopped straight, or 2pairs, I think I'm ahead of his calling range here.

He folds.

Just to be sure about the hand. I like the way I played it, however it is not as simple as it may look I think so I wanted your opinion :)
  • 3 replies
    • MatejM47
      Well if you do decide to squeeze you pretty much have to get it in which is high variance play so calling is a better option. However in a 4way pot if you get raised you pretty much have to fold it on this flop since any draw that he has you pretty much flip against and if he has 2pair set or a strait your pretty much dead. Here's a somewhat reasnoable range to stack off on this flop.

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 16.823 % 16.221 % 1.204 % 82.574 % JhJd
      Player 2: 83.177 % 82.574 % 1.204 % 16.221 % 99, 77, 55, As8s, As6s, As5s, KsQs, Ts8s, 97s, 86s, 97o, 86o

I think by donking out you played it very well since you find out where your at because since his raising pretty much every better hand and monster draws so you have the best hand here 99% of the time. Slowplaying really isn't an option on this board so if you get to the turn this way you can be pretty confident your hand is good so your betting for obvious reasons.
    • VTomukas
      Well, seeing all that dead money and the moment that the original raiser has less than half stack (in cases he will have a card), I think that any other play than squeeze is just a missed opportunity to take a free money. Especially when you are willing to stack off on the low flop like this.
    • Kaitz20
      If you had 3-bet a lot before then JJ is easy 3-bet for value and also calling shove. Now anyone who has there anything would shove over your squeeze.
      Postflop play is fine. I´d get all-in tot he middlestacks and fold if co would raise