[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am having a huge problem with AKo, .... NL2 45k hand and I got stats like -25$ for AKo (the worst hand the biggest lose, the second worst has -3$!).. I want to find the leak so I will focus on this hand and I want to improve the play :) So I am going to add here my AKo biggest games if there were something wrong, any leaks :) ... Thx you a lot for your time!

I was really wondering how to play it still dont know! ... The opp.'s line is really strong I think. But stats for him are: 44/31 after 33 hands
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.03
      SB:
      $5.04
      BB (Hero):
      $3.00
      MP1:
      $2.67
      MP2:
      $0.86
      MP3:
      $1.30
      CO:
      $0.97

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      5 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.09, SB calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.18) 5, J, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.46) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.44, SB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $2.77, SB calls $1.77.

River: ($6) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.
  • 3 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He KillerFishes,

already said it in the coaching-player: it is good to have you here!
      By questioning your own play and asking for help you do what is needed to become a better poker player. No one starts as a pro, but only the ones who study might eventually become a pro, or at least talented casual player...

Let's start with the hand:
      Preflop: perfectly fine!

Flop: you make a continuation bet, you could make it a bit smaller since most oponents dont really look at the size. 12c or even 10c could do the same,too.

Turn: Top Pair, Top Kicker. Board is drawy, a Jack will definitevely call here, a flushdraw is something you have to protect against. You did bet pretty high, which is not really bad, but if you bet like 32c maybe 88 will call once more,too.

Now something strange happens. You get raised.
      Does a flushdraw raise you? No...it makes no sence as only one street is to come...
      Does a Jack raise you ? Never, except it has twopair like KJ,K5. Same goes for J5,52,J2 (which he will of course rarely have)
      Does a smaller pair than a pair of kings raise you? No.
      So what else does raise you? Of course sets, of course KJ, of course strange played aces. And, that hand you will beat: bluffs. But who kind of bluff-minraises on the turn? no one! This looks like "I want to make the pot bigger but I dont want you to fold!". Bluffing is also kind of bad here since you bet on a card that you can easily represent as preflop aggressor, so that would be kind of stupid to bluff you out.

Solution: easy fold, despite that you have Top Pair, Top Kicker and despite that you get good odds.

Oh, and about the stats. 44/31 is pretty loose. But on the other hand 33 hands is no sample size at all and I would not overrate those. He can easily have a card run there.
    • Wobbler90
      Wobbler90
      Bronze
      I think I am folding the hand at the turn because I don't think
      this raise is a bluff so often.
      If you see this aggressive play by this opponent some more times,
      you may decide to call it down because he could bet air or some
      lower pairs.
      But I think I don't want to play for stacks with a single TPTK without
      any aggression history here.

Maybe I oversee some important details, but that's it for me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes,

And welcome to the Forum! Glad to see new faces posting hand and trying to find their leaks. :)

About the game, I'd say you wont really get Check/Raised there that often with a lot worse, more often such a line as he picked Call preflop & Check/Call flop and then Check/Raise turn is often case at least 2pairs+ and we can just fold our TP in such situations, therefore Bet/Fold the turn.

Best regards.