Hello from Norway

• Amra76
      Amra76
      Bronze
      I'm not very good at writing introductions, but I'll give it a go.

Man from Norway here, started snooping around the internet for poker sites because a couple of friends of mine are playing, and doing quite good.

I stumbled across this site via google, and although I've never played poker until a couple of weeks ago I decided to give it a shot since you offered 50 bucks for free.

I've tested both Omaha /8 and Texas Hold'em, and although I think Omaha is more fun I tend to do better at Texas Hold'em, so I'll probably stick to that in the future. That might have something to do with your excellent strategy guide though ;)

My ultimate goal is to make enough money to fund my computer hobby, but right now I'll settle for break-even while I learn the ins and outs of the game.
  • 8 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Amra and welcome to our forum!

It is really a pleasure to welcome someone from wonderful Norway, I really LOVE Bergen and all surrounding places... unfortunately it is sooo far away from Gibraltar.

How do you plan to improve your poker skill?
      Let me give you some keywords for your answer:

Waiting for your answer! PS: have a look here: Norway - Norge
    • Amra76
      Amra76
      Bronze
      Never been to Bergen, actually, but I plan to visit it sometimes. Maybe I'll be able to afford it when I get good enough at playing poker...

When it comes to improving skills I tend to read through every shred of theory I can lay my hands on, then combine it with practice and boil it down to the most basic principles I can find.
      So to answer your question, I'll probably spend the next few days plowing through those links you posted ;)
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Good luck! :D
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he Amra, thats a nice answer and I hope your Bankroll is increasing in the same way you are reading articles & co.
      Maybe you could eventually join a live coaching and if you got further questions ask them there, is that a deal?
    • dagarbisa
      dagarbisa
      Basic
      Hello Mate,

First os all I would like to welcome you here on the board and hope knowledge sharing with you would be informative. Share all your experience with us on board so that we can discusss more.
    • Amra76
      Amra76
      Bronze
      Thanks, guys :)

I've allready put some of the vids to good use, and I had some good fun with a ridiculously loose/aggressive player tonight. He'd bet, call and raise with anything, even complete trash, so I... liberated him of some spare cash.
      It was fun, especially for a greenhorn like me :s_biggrin:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Amra,
      that is a nice story to hear, especially since you are a beginner and already seem to choose your opponents carefully .
      Seems also like you are designated to tell others about your poker career, we do have a section in our forum for Your Poker Blogs
      Anyway, if you have further questions or suggestions regarding our education material you'll surely come back here,do you?
    • Amra76
      Amra76
      Bronze
      I don't know about choosing opponents, since he practically fell into my lap, but hey - it worked :D

Anyway, if you have further questions or suggestions regarding our education material you'll surely come back here,do you?

Of course. You have a great site here, and I doubt I would have made it even this far without some of your tips and strategies. But now this is growing way beyond any intro, so I'll shut up and move on to the other forums.