[NL2-NL10] fr nl5 rush 44 (quads on flop)

• BigBetBilly
      BigBetBilly
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.27
      CO:
      $5.39
      BU:
      $4.03
      SB (Hero):
      $5.13
      BB:
      $6.54
      UTG1:
      $3.07
      UTG2:
      $3.69
      MP1:
      $1.95
      MP2:
      $7.53

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, 4.
      UTG1 raises to $0.10, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.08, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.3) 9, 4, 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG1 checks.

Turn: ($0.3) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.15.

River: ($0.6) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, UTG1 calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $3.

was not sure how to get best value from this hand
      FLOP: as utg1 was the pre flop raiser my plan for the flop was a check raise.
      TURN: i make a bet of 50% of pot trying not to bet too big to try and keep the BB in aswell.
      River: i decide to check on the river as he may be holding a Ax hand or may attempt a bluff that i could then re-raise.

any other suggestions to how i could play the hand different/better. thank you.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BigBetBilly,

Flop: I like your plan but often the problem with Betting and also Check/Raising is that a lot worse might find a fold here but in case PFA could still have some overpair I don't mind the idea of Check/Raise.
      Turn: About the Bet on turn, I am not really big fan of it, I'd just Bet pot to build up the pot and also extract more value.

As played
      River: Since there ain't many worse which Call us here, then Check/Raising is totally fine against those fishes and in hope that they have the Ace or something similar and also if he is betting kinda strong into us then we sometimes might even consider Check/Shove against his stack. Because if he is planning to Call our raise anyways then he will likely Call the shove also.

Best regards.