Hero (BB): $398
      UTG: $419.50
      BTN: $424.92
      SB: $634.56

Pre-Flop: A J dealt to Hero (BB)
      2 folds, SB raises to $15, Hero raises to $49, SB calls $34

Flop: ($98) J 9 6 (2 Players)
      SB bets $67

Pretty strange donkbet, whats my plan for the hand?
      i think his range is tight, maybe he is slowplaying a big hand. Since its blindbattle he could have a lot of pairs also.

I thougth about calling the flop and evaluate the turn, what if he bets big on the turn?
  • 5 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      If he had a better hand than yours (QQ+) he would probably raise again preflop or he would check/raise this flop. Maybe he has hit a set of 9's , but i doubt he would play it that way either. I think he puts you on overcards and hopes that you fold , for me his most likely holding there is TT.
    • markus1000
      markus1000
      Bronze
      so whats your plan on the flop and on the next street if you call?
    • EulogioJ
      EulogioJ
      Bronze
      And a question about the pre-flop play, is it correct to re-raise the AJo in the BB? Woudn't it be better just to call?
      After the flop, with TPTK you have to bet it strongly
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I think a reraise preflop is ok if his ATS is quite high. A call preflop is also fine, as you have position on him. As played, I'd call and bet/raise the turn. You have to decide if you want to go all the way or fold. I think you are often ahead with TPTK, so I'd be willing to put my chips into the middle. However, raising gives my opponent an easy exit if he has nothing. So, given his aggressive nature, I let him fire a second barrel and then reraise him
    • dhw86
      dhw86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EulogioJ
      And a question about the pre-flop play, is it correct to re-raise the AJo in the BB? Woudn't it be better just to call?
      After the flop, with TPTK you have to bet it strongly

this is NL400SH and 4 handed. if you dont 3bet here, what you think happens if you have aces or kings? yeah, everybody folds.

if you call and dont move unimproved, your often folding the best hand.

he is stealing there something about A2s+, A8o+, any broadway, K8s+, any pair, many suited connectors/1 gappers ... around 30% of all hands and he has to fold alot OOP against a 3bet.

thougth about calling the flop and evaluate the turn, what if he bets big on the turn?

i would call, shove just scares worse hands.

and i also call a save turn (or shove/bet myself). and river i like the free showdown (if you dont make twopari or trips).

the best line depends on your image and your history.