Greetings from Auckland, New Zealand

• yoonsi
      Hello Eveyone!

It's a pleasure to meet you all. I was recently exposed to this silly little game called poker. Now I'm not sure if many of you have heard of it, but it's very fun. You play it with these darling little colored cards with pretty pictures on them..

Seriously though! My friends call me Keith, I'm 21 and I'm from Auckland here on the little island known as New Zealand and a couple of my friends recently started playing poker; I decided to join them...and all I can say is that I've been hooked.

I'm in my final year of a computer engineering degree at Auckland University, but I'm taking the year off to work, and help my family out with some financial issues, so I have lots of time for poker!

Thankfully, I found I was one of the typical ones, who thought I knew a lot more than I did, but after some sobering losses, some learning and patience; I've discovered what I love so much about poker. That is, there's always something to learn. Always some way to better yourself, which tickles me right cause I'm a little OCD about my hobbies.

Jeez, look at me ramble! Long story short, I'm very pleased to join this community and I hope to involve myself with many of you, so I can absorb your experience and wisdom.

(P.S: Any other kiwis?)
  • 3 replies