This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR, 88 + turn play

• 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.98
      Hero:
      $6.16
      CO:
      $1.26

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.30) A:diamond: , J:club: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, SB calls $0.50.

I flopped the set but SB bets like he's protecting a hand, so I re-raised just to check. Then I get the call from the CO and SB.

Turn: ($2.55) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.6, CO calls $0.41 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Did I bet too huge in here? I was thinking of betting a little bit smaller to get SB to tag along, but the board was drawy and I just got called by the short-stack. Nothing I can do in here. :D

River: ($3.37) 5:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.37

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a flush, ace high (Ah Jd)
      Hero shows (8h 8c)

CO wins with a flush, ace high (Ah Jd)
  • 1 reply
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi,

This hand is played nicely imo. On the turn - you can consider betting a little smaller (1/2 pot) and folding to a raise by SB - since if he shoves there he would often have you beat. You beat some AXd hands - but thats about it. Nothing else to do other than go broke vs CO.